The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a hydraulic door? Our main working shop has a traditional overhead door on the back and the opening isn't big enough to get the combines in without letting air out of the tires so we were looking at upgrading to a hydraulic door to get some more opening height, but I have no idea what it would cost so I was just curious what everyone's opinions were and what I can expect for cost.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Didn't buy one for our new shop but priced it out, damn they are expensive. There is nothing to them, I'd build mine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The local red dealer put one in when they built the new store in the early 2000s. It was awesome until someone left it open during a thunderstorm and the wind folded the cylinders in half and it closed rather abruptly. They were told that it wasn't supposed to be open in high winds but that didn't get communicated to the employees I guess. The company put larger cylinders on it and it hasn't had any issues since. Pretty neat idea. They can get 2 combines with 30ft headers under the door. The door itself becomes a cover providing shade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts