The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question, I had to replace the shaft in my piston pump on my 9280 Case, and so while I did that I changed the thrust washers and thrust bearing, and seals. I checked the pistons out and the barrel they fit in, and all seemed fine to me. I put it all back together, tightened, and I cant turn the pump with my hand, if I put a coupler on the shaft, and then use the smallest pipe wrench I have, I can turn the pump though.

is this just how they are? I dont remember if the pump turned by hand before I took it apart, I am pretty sure it didnt.

I did pull it all apart and check everything was in order inside, and it appears to be! The spring inside the barrel seems to keep the barrel pressed against the housing, which makes sense so it doesnt lose pressure, and I think thats why its so hard to turn. I never took the barrel apart or touched the springs, just slide the old shaft out, and slide my new one back in!

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
should be ok as long as you can turn it a couple of revolutions. there is normally a substantial resistance because of the spring tension compressing the rotating group against the end plate. try to fill the case with oil so it doesn't run dry on start-up

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should be ok as long as you can turn it a couple of revolutions. there is normally a substantial resistance because of the spring tension compressing the rotating group against the end plate. try to fill the case with oil so it doesn't run dry on start-up
Thanks! Yep, gonna fill it up as much as I can, should be able to as all the hose couplers face up :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts