The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Gem Big 10 silage bagged had the hydraulic pump die on us. The pump is a good sized gear pump. It has an 11/4" shaft coming out of it. To mount it has 4" round hole it fits in and bolts on with 4 bolts. Where is a good place to get a pump from? It's always fun looking for parts for short line piece of equipment.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
That's probably just a commercial gear pump. Muncie, Permco, Eaton all make the same pumps. There seem to be a thousand others also. I've been out of the business awhile now but I think companies like HyPower still exist in the major cities, Kinnecor has become Wajax I think. There is a slight chance Princess Auto might have them. Drive Products has Muncie pumps.
This isn't much but might point you in the right direction. There should be a serial number plate on it that will give all the details you need. The pilot hole and shaft you are describing sounds like a standard SAE mount and drive (maybe SAE C) that is only a small part of the details you need to replace this pump.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up getting a PL119-01BPBB from drive products in Regina, pump was in Edmonton. 1" shaft instead of 1.25" but I can get a hub and pulley easily. Hopefully it does the trick. If everything goes perfectly you don't learn much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.