The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in possibly updating our drill to an 1870. It would be a 56' with a new variable rate1910 tbt pulling an nh3 wagon behind the drill. Our current tractor has standard hydraulics, so I'm thinking around 40ish gpm.....and has no problems operating a hoe drill with variable rate cart. Once the 1870 accumulators are charged is there any other flow requirements to maintain proper operation of the openers or packers? Are any of you operating this drill and variable rate 1910 with standard hydraulics? If so, would you please share your experiences (good and bad)? I hear about all the flow requirements on the other independent opener drills so I'm left wondering if standard flow hydraulics would be sufficient to operate the 1870 properly. Thanks, and I appreciate any comments you may have.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
I think you're gonna be fine, we are thinking the same route as you and are considering pulling it with our 9380, there's a guy down the road in St Paul pulling his with a 9530 and he says they have no issues. Maybe I'll give you a call one of these days we need to catch up!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Power beyond is required only for 2013 and newer carts, ran 2010 cart with a 9530 tractor. C/w 48 gph hydraulic with no issues whatsoever. Drill once packing and seed trips are set has minimal requirements on system. The carts that are hydraulic driven rollers require more thus the power beyond kit.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
You will be fine with your tractor's hydraulics. We have a 2014 56' 1870 and the 2014 1910 cart with the hydraulic metering too and it works really well with our 9410R. If I'm not mistaken it has the same pump as your tractor.

The power beyond kit prevents metering pulses when you are using other SCV functions. It is a must IMO for the accuracy of the metering with the cart. I believe it's less than a grand to install if you don't have it, and gets installed into that 'square bulky block' under you SCVs. We worked it out as part of the package when we bought the drill a year ago.

My only complaint would be that nearly all the small distribution hoses came from the factory too long, both fertilizer and seed runs. I think we have them all routed and sized where they need to be now, but had a bit of plugging to start with.

If you continually have wetter seeding conditions, seriously consider duals on the rear of the air cart. That's one thing I need to set up for next spring on my 430bu cart.

The drill worked well, though I was only able to seed 60ac pulling my liquid cart because of the soft ground this year. Our crops look good, even after 'mucking' it in and more than enough precipitation since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.