The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run an 1860 air seeder and 1900 cart with a 835 Versatile that I have owned since new. I think I could run the fan with the original hydraulics. The raise and lower and the constant down pressure needs a closed hydraulic system, that I plan to add. Adam Jet has a complete system for 9K. More than I want to spend, so will this work?, and how could I add the hydraulic system? Can anyone help with ideas? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
The atom jet will work good, unless you are really talented and spent some time in a hydraulic shop you could probably update the entire system for about the same price but you might pull all your hair out trying.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Best to get the atom jet and extra reservoir. My limited experience the tractor doesn't have enough hyd oil and cooling capacity to handle that demand. A crazy idea but what about an engine drive hyd system for the fan? Sure it's old school but could get it done for less than $2000 from princess auto components.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Unless you really understand hydraulics its not worth the headache, have you searched for a used Atom Jet setup? buddy of mine needed one for a 895 Versatile, I knew where there was one locally that wasn't be used anymore. He paid 2000.oo US dollars, I had to remove from donor, cap lines and install on his tractor, day project, agree with the price of a new Atom Jet, not very friendly to deal with, Scott.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best to get the atom jet and extra reservoir. My limited experience the tractor doesn't have enough hyd oil and cooling capacity to handle that demand. A crazy idea but what about an engine drive hyd system for the fan? Sure it's old school but could get it done for less than $2000 from princess auto components.
Maybe an electric motor driven fan would have been a better system. I would like to find a used Atom Jet

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used to work on hydraulics as an engineer and thought atom jet was way out of line when they quoted me 18k to update to closed center hydraulics on our 895. I pieced parts together using a series 6 valve, mcmaster car reservoir and belt drive, and cnh 35gpm pump. It cost around 5 grand in parts and works well. So anything is possible if you are willing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.