The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
was cutting beans earlier today going along and the combine started making a funny noise. Shut the 4x4 off and still doing it, stopped the machine and could hear a loud humming or hammering sound from the hydro. Long story short end up pulled it to the shop with the tractor took the apply lever off the side and found lots of chunks and bits of pieces in there. This wouldn't suprise me so much except that we had the hydro, the charge pump, and the hydro motor rebuild in june of 07. We had precision fluid power out of Oklahoma City do the rebuild. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with their services and if they are a reputable company. Also wondering where else there is hydro rebuild shops. Or is the deere reman worth the extra? Just wondering my options here still have 200 acres of beans in the field and a down combine. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
271 Posts
had a hydro rebuilt there for my 7720 a few years back work good for 1 year then got weak again.they told me it was somthing I did.do not know how.was cutting wheat on dry ground.lasted around 200 hours.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've had good luck with Moore Pumps in Friendship, TN. (731) 677-4320. They've rebuilt 3 for me so far. They probably already have one built that you could just swap out

·
Registered
778 Posts
Did you install the components yourself? There is a lengthy cleanup procedure after a hydro failure. If you don't clean everything 100% you will significantly shorten the life of the new components. Most of the time this is the cause for repeat failures.

If you plan on keeping the combine for awhile maybe just get the Deere dealer to do it. At least the cleanup will be done right. If you're dumping the machine soon then just get a used pump and motor from a wrecker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tend to agree about the cleanup procedure, flushing, and reflushing can not be done good enough for a repair to last. I usually solvent flush all hoses and lines, or steam clean out, then dry with air, and then still change the oil and filters after a short time of hours to try and catch as much debris as possible. Some of that debris is like sand and gets pretty nasty !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts