The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
N6 with trimpe bars, channel helicals, wire grate on separator side is giving trouble, and has ever since owned it. it will not shed stems and hulls, and straw from cage. it will pack up and pack up until it stops everything up. it is my cousin's machine and he burns about 2 belts a year off before looking and then calls me and wants to know what is wrong. I would like some help please. anyone else had this problem. it does not have a cage sweep, do you think it would help

·
Registered
219 Posts
What crops does this happen in, what shape are the bars and helicals in? Sounds like your straw Isn't flowing through the cage. Are the chopper hammers worn? On his separator grate is it adjustable, maybe too tight. Are the bars all forward, any reverseones in there?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
soybeans and wheat. helicals are in good shape, bars are is good shape. it has impeller not chopper. the straw is not flowing. I don't know if sep grate is adjustable. I told him to try cage covers, but it just built up under them and forced them up and bent them. the trimpe bars are in really good shape with every other rasp ground out, and the others built up. I have a spare rotor out of my N5 that stock but worn out. I told him to put it in there and see if it still does it. it does it much worse in larger stem stuff. wheat was not too bad, but when he got to triticale it was terrible. smaller stem beans aren't as bad, but Hutchison beans with big stems are terrible as well. it has drove me crazy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have pulled the cage sweep out of the N6 since the addition of the channel helicals, we don't grow soybeans yet but wheat is where I have my trouble. I run cage covers on the area of cage above the concave. I've never been in any conditions that would bend the covers. Sounds like the bars should be agressive enough, are they all forward? Pushing the crop towards impeller? Does the impeller seem to move the material well or does it come out in blobs? Maybe try belt dressing on the two belts involved with driving impeller. Is it on fast speed? Somethings blocking up this machine inthat processor, does the rotor belt seem loose?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Wonder what seperator grate looks like. Must be some aftermarket thing. I'd raise the wires by welding something onto them and switch out discharge beater with newer straight paddles with knotched side out. Also drives were inproved dramatically on the latest design of P1 systems to prevent beater from slowing down

·
Registered
70 Posts
Reverse bars? How many paddles on the discharge?

How are the accelerator rolls? If they are worn they will not pull the material away from the cage and also allow air to come back up through the rolls keeping the MOG suspended.

From what you describe, the material is getting broke up because of over threshing or it is being held up because of constipation of some sort. If it is pushing the cage covers out you have a major plugage somewhere. I am presuming that you have the high/low configuration in the separator end.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Back when I ran a similar setup (minus the channel helical) it seemed I always had more problems when the stems were dry. Trimpe bars are very aggressive and will chew up material. Make sure helical are all in great shape. I never tried but might even consider extending a couple into the discharge. I think a big part of the problem with the p1 cylinder is the angle of the bars to the cage. They tend to push the material out against the cage with more pressure than the flatter sitting bars on the p3. Anything that will increase the flow of material will probably help. Run cylinder as fast as can without to many splits. Might even try wider concave clearance to help keep from breaking up stems more. Not sure if anyone has ever made them for the p1 but sounds like some rotor sweeps might help. The year I had so much problems I ended up putting the cage sweep back in but that might not help much if the covers are being pushed at. Got to keep it flowing and that may mean changing cylinder bars. Will be hard to do but grinding down the trailing edge on the trimpe bars might not pinch the material against the cage as bad. Finding some cage material to cover grate could also help. If you do make sure leading edge is tucked down below first bar so nothing will catch on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.