The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,i am looking for JD 96xx walker combine pics with a rahco/hanson style hillside levelling system.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks for the good site, jaydee.........you're a better combine site hunter than me!
Has spring sprung there yet in your part of Germany?

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You bet.Three weeks ago it was dry and warm(around plus 18 degrees) enough to start seeding oats and malt barley here in the south western part of germany,but only for a few days,right now its getting colder again,temp. is about plus 6 degrees celsius during the day and we got some snow this morning.Regards.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Quote:Hi there,i am looking for JD 96xx walker combine pics with a rahco/hanson style hillside leveling system.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Zweibrücken !!.....'a rahco/hanson style hillside leveling system.' (on a 9600 series)
....pretty rare.....not too many made...I am working on getting some
shots for you....nice pictures on the site you found (http://tourdirector.smugmug.com/gallery/268223_nsGTp#27626974...
the author does have percentage & degrees mixed up ....a 45% leveler
on a JD "02" for example translates to 24.2 degrees...

.....and none of the shots are on anything very steep...trust me, they
have some VERY steep ground in some places around Walla Walla...
.....in the meantime, perhaps these shots of a Hillco equipped 9760
will do.....

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Quote:98j Why do you use the diamond tread tires on your combines?

.....because they give superior stability on steep hillsides.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep! Those are pics of the John Rae conversion done in Touchet WA. They are more of a sidehill machine than a true hillside leveler. I have tons of pics of the 9632's but have had trouble scanning them. I will see if I can get some done and show here.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot for your interesting reply 9632,i have been looking for some infos about john raes conversion as well,since i saw that combine in a video tape.What is the maximum level capacity of that combine and what are the main differences(advantages/disadvantages) compared to a rayco/hanson style leveler?There are no radius arms to pivot the front wheels,how does this work?Which combine is the 9632,the John Rae conversion or the rayco/hanson conversion?Does John Rae still offer this conversion,do you know a website or a link?
I am looking forward to see your pics,i hope some of them are at max. level!
thanks in advance,
with the best regards,
Hans

·
Registered
7 Posts
We used to run a 9632 with a RahCo leveler, which gave a 32 degree maximum level, but what about the 45 degree levels that I hear about? Are these the John Rae ones that you are talking about? Did they come from the factory?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts