The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Re: I HATE the new 4x4 feederhouse, anybody with m

jdmanitoba........ Have had feeder house problems also..

What is the Deere solution to feeder chain sprocket jumping?

Our Dealer tech rebuilt our slip clutch with heavier springs... seems to have solved our problem.

Chain jumps sprocket(s) occasionally.

Biggest problem this year was plugging the discharge beater in canola.... what a nightmare!

Dealer techs finally installed a couple paddles to replace the tines on 21 and 22... third and fourth last..... haven't plugged since... fingers firmly crossed!

Our 635D header is another story!.... Bill

· Registered
39 Posts
Re: I HATE the new 4x4 feederhouse, anybody with m

Yes... the feed accelerator drive is the heavy duty drive with the high capacity feeding package.

I plugged the discharge beater twice.... still have bruises and scrapes on right arm and torso....

The discharge paddles seem to work... they do make sense.... and they should be stock!

Nelson's... our dealer... also found a pulley from a 290 windrower.. I think... and an appropriate belt which speeds up the discharge beater.

I straight cut some canola ... grain was 7 1/2% moisture... but the straw was very green and it went through ok, but the slip clutch on the 635D feed drum is far to weak to really test the discharge.

This header is extremely disappointing...... Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.