The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since being offended over something someone is doing that has no impact on your life what so ever is the new “in thing”, and I am not easily offended, I decided I needed to pick something that offends me and then force everyone to comply so that I can fit in better with society.

As of now it is offensive to me if you dress up as a farmer/cowboy for Halloween. Farmers/ranchers feed the world and should not be allowed to be mocked in highly stereotypical and outdated ways. None farmers should not be allowed to make fun of such a hard lifestyle they do not understand.

WHO'S WITH ME!?
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
If done for fun I have no problem with it. I think we are getting a little too uptight about things like this...

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
If I understand that correctly, if the little boys and girls from "the colony" come by on Halloween dressed in their "normal attire" is that considered ok since they are farmers ? . As they are totally bewildered and have no clue what is going on and why their parents are making them walk up to a strangers door, I wouldn't want to unduly scold them for wearing those traditional outfits :rolleyes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am offended that someone would presume to dictate what a mostly Christian population should be allowed to choose as a costume for their annual celebration of a pagan ritual. ;)

Mark

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm in . I think we should push for a human right tribunal into this injustice! lol. Maybe get the UN TO INVESTIGATE?

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I met some ladies dressed up as milk maids at a Halloween party I once visited. I wasn't offended at all :)

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
As of now it is offensive to me if you dress up as a farmer/cowboy for Halloween. Farmers/ranchers feed the world and should not be allowed to be mocked in highly stereotypical and outdated ways. None farmers should not be allowed to make fun of such a hard lifestyle they do not understand.
This is not the problem we really face!!!

It all starts with children's books. Farmers are cast as having a couple of cows, pigs, sheep.....straw hat and a farmall tractor. Once that stereotype gets set it becomes hard to reverse.:( Even the baloney John Deere puts out is of the same nature, just with a JD tractor.:rolleyes:

So once they are dressing up for Halloween it's too late.;)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Reminds me of a friend's t shirt.
Everybody needs something to believe in.
I believe I'll have another beer!:)
I used to camp next to some guys from Owen Sound area each year at a race. One of the brothers line was always, "I think I'll have 1 more drink before my next one." Canadians!:D;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts