The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have your attention:D. I have lots of questions for you Claas experts. I purchased a 2012 670 with 200 hrs and a Sunnybrock cylinder. The first question is how do I get the engine load gauge to work?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am excited about this 670. I was running CX-8080's before. I still have one so this harvest it will be interesting to compare the 2. I put TM-6 sieves in the top and bottom and can't wait to see how they perform in small grains.

It has a turbo chop and the knives look worn enough to turn already. The CX knives would last around 500 hrs before they needing to be turned. Does Claas make a carbide knife? I did a search on this forum and got a part number but the dealer said there is no such part.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Do a google search on Claas premium products you should find them your Claas dealer should have a list of premium products as well, try this number P0007557860, we get about 500hrs each turn out of standard knives after this harvest I will be due for new blades to, I will be going for the premiums to see how they last ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would not have bought a Claas if it where not for this forum! You guys are good salesman. Have not been this excited about a combine in years. Lets see, first combine was a 1957 Cockshutt 428, the cab filter never plugged on that combine;). Next up was a 1966 International 403, there is not enough time to comment on all the bad things about this combine, at least it had a cab. Then there was a 1976 Western Special Massey Ferguson, bought brand new, the 350 Chevy gas engine was the weak link. It had air conditioning!!!:D Next was a 1978 Massey 750, bought new, a very good combine, diesel power. Then a 1982 Massey 850, bought new, also a good machine, no hydro though.:( Color switch, 1990 John Deere 9500, this was a huge step up from the Massey. I liked this combine a lot, put a Sunnybrook cylinder in it, performance parts concave, air foil sieves, rear beater speed up kit and performance parts aggressive rear beater. Probably one of the best combine designs, very reliable. Another color switch.....2004 CX 840, 2007 CX 8080, then 2010 CX 8080. The CX's are underrated. They are phenomenal machines, very inexpensive to operate on both fuel and wear items. Easy to set, very quiet cabs, easy to operate and incredibly reliable. The reasons I switched to Claas is you guys seem passionate about them and Moody's has lost their way.

So let the thrashing begin:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cannot figure out how to calibrate the engine load gauge. Too old for all this computer crap. CEBIS is not as friendly as the touch screen in the CX. Your either handy with computers or handy with women but not both, lol.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey ,
dial to the gear. In that menu, there is a engine. And if you click on it, you will find max. no load speed. For that the engine must be in full throttle and threshing mechanism and header engaged.
Good luck. If you rode a couple weeks, you will get familiar with the CEBIS pretty quick!
Trust me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.