The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my first combine.I had been looking off and on for a couple of years now.Since transporting costs are WAY outta hand,I wanted to find one close to home.We normally have a custom cutter come in and cut,but all we were paying for was convienence,it only took a day and a half to cut it all and yes that is nice,but I was getting tired of paying so much to get it done.
I bought a John Deere 8820 with a 925 rigid header on it.I figure I can harvest everything for a lot less than I can pay a cutter to do it.Sure it is gonna take 7 to 10 days to cut everything,but in the long run I think it will save us some money,not headaches:),just maybe a little more cash in our pockets at the end of the year.Plus,I just wanted a combine of my own and want to cut my own crops instead of hiring someone to do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like a Beast Sam you still looking for a 230 For that bad boy? Or ya gonna stick with the 925. O and do u think u could get some side shots of it ?

Thanks Take Care!!!

Zac Ward

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and no,I bought the 925 because they had it and it is a very nice header.Second,230s are tough to find it seems and if a good one comes up,I can always trade the 925 off for it.I don't have any side shots......yet.

·
Registered
578 Posts
hey bighp where is your buddy from claude that used to post on here all the time???? todd? wasnt that his name? just curious he used to be here quite often then nothing????

·
Registered
886 Posts
wow, how many acres do you have that get cut by Contractors? How many Headers did they have if they could do what takes you 7 or so days in one? wow.

Btw, Nice lookin' header there, that 8820 looks like a straight old girl, hope she only gives you headaches and not migrains XD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice outfit you have there! We ran a 7720 and a 8820 for many years without problems. Consider installing a loss monitor if it doesn't already have one. Great to see someone from Amarillo, I went to Texas Tech and have gone hiking and camping in Palo Duro Canyon.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey Sam! I know it has been a while, but I logged on tonite, after harvesting some milo today...and saw the pic and description of your 'new' combine! I hope it does good for you. You will be happier in the long run by harvesting it yourself...you are very right about that! I hope all is well with ya'. Drop me a line (PM) if you get a minute.

Todd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts