The Combine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started watching Mikes channel to see the Ideals, so was gutted when he ditched them. Glad you have grabbed one and seem to be getting on well with it. Do you know if the other ex Mike Ideals have found new owners too ?? Interestingly other reports from Ideal owners rate the combines very highly and with far fewer issues than Mike had

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Well yes, they were all sold at auction.

For him, going back to Deeres were a no-brainer. In fact he should never have left them. Dealer is very close by (compared to the Agco), easy parts access. I don't think they even would have tried Fendt combines had it not been for Mike's Fendt fandom. He seems to really love Fendt tractors even though he's had very mixed luck with them. I get the impression he pushed his brothers into buying the combines. And of course the twin rotor appeals to him.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I would rather try somthing once then go with he says she says. It’s nice to know yourself and put the machine in crop that it is gonna be in on your farm. I am pretty new holland strong but not saying there’s not better out there. I can see a new ideal 10 t next year if it keeps up doing what it’s doing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anything you don't like comfort factor
I am the operator of this machine. Comfort wise I really like the seat my back is terrible on the best of days. The console and mfh fit and nothing seems out of place operational wise.the Cab is really wide giving lots of room and great visibility. I do miss the room behind the seat on the nh but I find I really use the cubby/console beside me really handy. The foot pegs are higher up and I personally like that. At this time I don’t think there is anything I “hate” about the cab.

·
Registered
13 Posts
does the Ideal have the little convex mirrors so u can see the grain through the hopper top windows? The reason I ask, I've watched 2 of mikes videos on the X9.. and both times he is soooooo excited about the little mirrors.. I know my 2007 Massey had them on it and the one I have now has them too..

Mike makes it sound like these mirrors on the X9 are so innovative.

I've kind of lost interest in his videos
No convex mirrors. It does count bushels in the hopper though. So a quick glance at the monitor tells you all you need to know. It has a 1/2-3/4-full indicator as well

·
Super Moderator
5,241 Posts
Here’s a good video in green soaked oat straw
A silage operation.

However…we still do not know how this would work in that short, green lentil straw Mike was dealing with.
Clearly works well in long oat straw but to assume it works well in in ALL conditions is the very same attitude that gets poor designs out in the first place.

Put it in the hands of many and for many years, you’ll find unknown things out.
Yeah, when manufacturers claim protype work is done they are ALWAYS lying.
End users continue the research.
That is simply the way farm machinery is improved and always will be.

This thread is a shining example, you made it work in YOUR conditions, excellent!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I would put my life on it it will work in green lentil straw. Outlet into fins is where the problem along with the fins needed to be shaved that’s where the problem is. Another thing is if it’s real wet and thin chopper should be on low speed so it dosnt make back draft. Close concaves or speed up rotor to smash straw more, there could be other factors to. But out of all my years I’ve never seen a combine that couldn’t get modified to get fixed. But I watched the videos amd see that’s where the main problem is. But u are right different crops could be different problems. I just didn’t like such a good looking combine get a bad name in a crop that happens once in a blue moon in our area. But on the other hand they arnt made to do 5 bpa wheat either. To light it’s not even close to settings that should be in a normal crop. I’m a strong new holland guy that took a chance on one of these units to help get all the proper facts out there and to see how they work in all conditions of traditional North American crops. Last night we took the u joint out on bottom of bubble auger (has never been greased) so I don’t know if that was operator error or fendt error as all other manufacturer’s are non greasable. It’s getting put back together as we speak and hopefully we continue on strong with it

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
If I recall, Mitchel's problem wasn't at the chopper discharge. It was at the rotor discharge. Agco made a number of modifications in that area, none of which seemed to help. So I'm a bit skeptical that your chopper issue was the same issue as they were seeing in the lentil straw. He did have problems up at his north farm under more normal conditions, though, that might have been the chopper discharge issue that you've solved.

Glad to see the machine performing so well for you. Other than the chopper issue that you solved, this is how I expect the machine to perform in your heavy straw conditions. After all these are the conditions the machine was born in Europe to handle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Chopper making backdraft if anything. No one else had issues at rotor discharge all fendt did was put a divider plate in there so the rotors discharge didn’t go in the way of the other rotor discharge. After that it’s free fall into chopper. Absolutely nothing else in there. Backdraft happening cause to light of crop

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
But maybe I’m wrong. I’m just on here to provide goods and bads, not to criticize anyone. So maybe there was more to it. All I am saying if I was any normal farmer after watching his videos and reading online I would never touch that combine with a 10 ft poll. But I’m always in for a challenge. And it wasn’t fair the only reviews in Canada were from one farm. Not fair to fendt and not fair to equipment stores

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Any other fendt owners combine oats with their machines. Just wondering what they found best for oats settings. Also in dry canola is there any need for rear blanks. It dosnt fall out of rotor onto sieves, it falls on to grain pan then back to front of seives. So I’m just wondering if it works well the way it set up or still could use blanks in cases

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Last night we took the u joint out on bottom of bubble auger (has never been greased) so I don’t know if that was operator error or fendt error as all other manufacturer’s are non greasable. It’s getting put back together as we speak and hopefully we continue on strong with it
Pretty sure he had one go out on his combine while it was at the north farm.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts