The Combine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Yes. We’ll see in canola here, but so far in heavy oats it’s really good.
yep he did. Interesting to see the Ideal working so much better in heavier crops. A customer review in the UK here was very positive too, especially in regards to sample, straw quality and fuel useage
yep he did. Interesting to see the Ideal working so much better in heavier crops. A customer review in the UK here was very positive too, especially in regards to sample, straw quality and fuel useage
Yes. I was pretty worried after the purchase but now am pretty pleased. The straw quality is verry good for rotor combine. Samples pretty good and fuel is second to none. Another thing my mechanic noticed is a guy has to watch for blowing chaff into chopper. Could possibly make back draft in lighter crops. U can then just blow chaff to the side with spreaders, does not need to go through chopper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
is it still going ok?
It is still running strong! Had a minor delay from the u joint repair, but i do not hold that against the machine at all its hidden and i did not see any note on it in the manual for servicing. Quick repair and back to action. Took a test on some canola with it last night. Should have a review in days to come.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
We’ll guys we were in canola for 4 days or so and bounced to some wheat that we just finished up. So I ran it this morning in the wheat for a little bit and I’ll give u my input. The machine does a fantastic job at getting any white caps out of sample. Maybe was returning a little to much as I plugged the returns in a green spot. But sample was clean, no heads in tank, and no chaff. The wheat was 13 to 14 and around 70bpa. For basically no losses we were travelling at 3.8 to 4.3 with the concave very tight. Could probably gain another 1/2 mile if u really wanted to maybe. So far this season was just that u joint and we are arriving at half our acres done, so very happy about that. I think the combine is very trustworthy and low maintenance so far. Kmk sales in Saskatchewan has been very helpful and answering any questions we have about the combine. They also informed us that we can lift the frame as there is adjustments on axles to get some more height. The operater also the first couple days took the shims out of back steer tires and now turns very nice. I’ll let the main operater give his thoughts in the canola as we boarded the machine many times and was very impressed with results as we had many worse boards at the beginning. But once set it was really great. And when the operater boards it, it is dropping the straw and chaff for a true reading. A lot of people say oh there’s no rotor loss and they just throw a pan where the chaff spreaders are. I’ve seen many combines with rotor losses at times so that doesn’t work for us. But we’ll get the main operater to give his opinion, board results, and where his settings were in canola. So far I am liking this fendt

·
Registered
134 Posts
We’ll guys we were in canola for 4 days or so and bounced to some wheat that we just finished up. So I ran it this morning in the wheat for a little bit and I’ll give u my input. The machine does a fantastic job at getting any white caps out of sample. Maybe was returning a little to much as I plugged the returns in a green spot. But sample was clean, no heads in tank, and no chaff. The wheat was 13 to 14 and around 70bpa. For basically no losses we were travelling at 3.8 to 4.3 with the concave very tight. Could probably gain another 1/2 mile if u really wanted to maybe. So far this season was just that u joint and we are arriving at half our acres done, so very happy about that. I think the combine is very trustworthy and low maintenance so far. Kmk sales in Saskatchewan has been very helpful and answering any questions we have about the combine. They also informed us that we can lift the frame as there is adjustments on axles to get some more height. The operater also the first couple days took the shims out of back steer tires and now turns very nice. I’ll let the main operater give his thoughts in the canola as we boarded the machine many times and was very impressed with results as we had many worse boards at the beginning. But once set it was really great. And when the operater boards it, it is dropping the straw and chaff for a true reading. A lot of people say oh there’s no rotor loss and they just throw a pan where the chaff spreaders are. I’ve seen many combines with rotor losses at times so that doesn’t work for us. But we’ll get the main operater to give his opinion, board results, and where his settings were in canola. So far I am liking this fendt
I think you approached the machine with an open mind and assessed it without prejudice or colour-name bias.
Glad to see you like it and that it performs as expected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had some rain overnight so finally get a chance to give a little better feedback on the Fendt 9. It has been alot of fun to run and fairly easy to get comfortable with.

So far have had it in Oats, Wheat and a little bit of Canola. The power the machine has for tough conditions is really impressive and the capacity we have in dry has been great.

Il start with some of my personal beefs with the machine. Some are minor inconveniences but at the end of the day no machine is perfect or tailormade and so far this is what i would of liked to of been changed.

Cab wise I really cannot say enough good things about it. Comfort in cab is great, the seat is really nice and makes long days in the saddle much easier. The sound system when roading is really good, even has a kicker sub behind the seat. I almost find the cab is to quiet though. I may be kind of old school but i like the radio off and I listen to and feel the machine when running. That being said its very hard to operate like that as you really cant hear the machine much.

The Console Rh armrest has me scratching my head. Everything in the cab is leather except the armrest pad on the console. It appears to be suede? I can get a picture to post. Comfortable but i also have to do lots of in field repairs for the crew and if I get my arms dirty or miss a little chaff on my sleeve its hard to get it clean, and I LIKE CLEAN. Cab cleanliness is a absolute must for me.

The display has been great and running multiple machines in the field the "remark" function is one button click and instant Vs CNH where there is 2-3 buttons and a few seconds delay to remark your guidance line. I find it is super simple and wish CNH could get on board and have that speed being this is Trimble as well.

Cupholder's in the back of the buddy seat could be deeper as that would support a bigger variety of cups but that being said there is another 4 to my rh side to use.

Unload Auger shear bolts.... Go ahead and buy yourself some bolts as its a 2 person operation to get the ones on the machine. If we had tracks it would be super easy. Topping off a cart on the go have ran into 2 instances where i broke a bolt. Always have to put just a little more and will never learn haha. That being said in cab there is a switch for the hydraulically adjustable cross auger covers in the tank. This feature is awesome for topping off a cart as you can slow your disharge right down. No machine fault here just operator stupidity really.

AHHC response. I have been battling this issue. Kmk has told me there is software that needs to be done to correct this. The lowering of the header is so slow. Borderline unbearable. If you crank the Speed up in settings it also makes your header to quick for going through a minor water run. So coming out of it your header wants to raise all the way out of the crop. I was manually raising and lowering head at these points, but i have since dropped my speed down a fair bit and it will contour the ground way better now but coming back into crop it takes way to long. For the most part for now i just manually lower till i am within 12-18" of cut height and then engage AHHC. If anyone on hear knows a fix for this or knows i am doing something wrong please let me know!

The Turning radius. The turning radius was terrible to say the least. it took a long time to turn around. With a 45' Head its not terrible but i really feel your time turning a machine due to large radius really cuts into your efficiency and acres a day. The machine has shims for steering stops. By manual it was set up correctly but.. The manual only list for a RWA machine. We found a supplement manual in the cab that lists less than half the shims for a non RWA machine. I was not going to be that bold. Removed 3 shims per side. About 1/2" worth and it turns on a dime! very pleased once we did that. Had a good long look at the turning radius and rear axle and there is zero worry of component failure or longevity how i set it up. After all the book shows i can remove more.

Wheat. Wheat went really well. Sample was great and the capacity was great. Could have pushed the machine alot harder than i did. When it got plugged in some green crap i don't fault the machine much. But i must add there is a lever to drop the returns cross auger pan down. Much nicer than removing two pins on the NH and having grain fall on you.

Canola. Canola took me a bit to dial in. OPERATOR ERROR!! the sieves will calibrate themselves. That being said they have to be clean and i mean clean. I checked for crop lodged in the fins and there was none. that being said there must have been chaff in the side rails of the sieve so my calibration prior to canola was fairly out. To get me started after that i just manually set the sieves with the switches by the side of machine. Threw multiple pans in heavy canola. Tweaked until i got a .3BU pan @ 3.5 Mph. We will be able to push this machine much harder when we get back to canola and i anticipate alot more speed out of it and acceptable loss. Typically i throw a couple pans a day or if we switch fields.

In all crops i find what limits me so far is rotor loss. The machine appears to like slow rotor speed and a tighter concave. Would be nice to see adjustable rotor veins on these machines.

All in all been a pleasure to run and learn. If any one has any experience with these id like to call you and chat.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
In all crops i find what limits me so far is rotor loss. The machine appears to like slow rotor speed and a tighter concave. Would be nice to see adjustable rotor veins on these machines.
If rotor loss is the limiting factor, and the rotors are significantly longer than competitor machines ( or is that no longer true?) how can the competing shorter rotors even be in the ballpark? Or is there a lot more to it than just length?

Reactions: torriem

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
East fix for that. Plugged chopper a lot of times in a half mile with chopper blades out (also tried them in). We combined a crazy more amount of green straw with chopper blades in and no more problem. My main guy (operater) here is building an adjustable plate for that chopper.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If rotor loss is the limiting factor, and the rotors are significantly longer than competitor machines ( or is that no longer true?) how can the competing shorter rotors even be in the ballpark? Or is there a lot more to it than just length?
Rotor length doesn't seam to be the only factor. Last year we demoed a claas 780. The dealer tried for 2 days to get the losses as low as our new holland. No matter what they tried they couldn't get the loss level even close to the same as the cr8090.
This was in dry 80 bu wheat.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Rotor length doesn't seam to be the only factor. Last year we demoed a claas 780. The dealer tried for 2 days to get the losses as low as our new holland. No matter what they tried they couldn't get the loss level even close to the same as the cr8090.
This was in dry 80 bu wheat.
Standard Claas concave is made for easy threshing wheat. I find my 700 series machines suck in HRS wheat with the standard concave.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Standard Claas concave is made for easy threshing wheat. I find my 700 series machines suck in HRS wheat with the standard concave.
Yeah I am not sure what it had for a concacave. It did have the sunny brook cylinder. It could put the grain through for sure, early 50% more than the cr. But no matter how slow or fast they went they couldn't get loss to an acceptable level to me.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts