The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased some older low hour 9870's to add to our combine fleet. Its been 7 years since we run 9870 but i do remember having considerable issues with rotor loss in wheat and straight cut canola and while harder on fuel struggled to be much more productive than 9770 at that time... Can someone help me with whether spending the money and switching to aftermarket concaves is worth it? What is the best way to set up 9870 for wheat and canola?? TIA

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sunnybrook all crop; Done with peas, and I felt there was over threshing of canola and too big of windows for that material to be dumped through the third concave. Yes the sunnybrooks are modular and you can customize, but so are the mad concaves and much easier to change out. 2 sections with 2 bolts per concave segment. I also struggled with white caps in viewfield wheat. I always looked sideways at those big windowed modular sections in the sunnybrooks, finally threw them out. I’ll admit my tolerance level for testing was very low last year due to the conditions. I just don’t think the sunnybrooks fit my operation anymore. Not saying they don’t have a place.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sunnybrook all crop; Done with peas, and I felt there was over threshing of canola and too big of windows for that material to be dumped through the third concave. Yes the sunnybrooks are modular and you can customize, but so are the mad concaves and much easier to change out. 2 sections with 2 bolts per concave segment. I also struggled with white caps in viewfield wheat. I always looked sideways at those big windowed modular sections in the sunnybrooks, finally threw them out. I’ll admit my tolerance level for testing was very low last year due to the conditions. I just don’t think the sunnybrooks fit my operation anymore. Not saying they don’t have a place.
I have spent a bit of time looking up MAD concaves.... Pure genius from my perspective. Thanks for the tip i appreciate it...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was also tickled pink at the mad design with the modules and the fact that they can be reversed im really considering them for jd s seires
I agree whole heartly... I cant wait to give them a go... Canola harvest should be the funnest part of harvest but not with JD rotary. I sure hope this is the answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts