The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly, this behemoth Ideal is going to be in corn again this fall. Any sightings? Be interesting to see how this 52000+ lb. elephant will work on wet ground. Don't see how this thing is going to have much of a future in North America, Cat dealer sales rep told me they want no part of it. Substantially higher priced than Gleaner (at nearly 2X the weight), not likely to have Deere or Case converts. Titanic? Thoughts? Seems the Versatile combine will likely have higher performance and resale.

·
Registered
948 Posts
a couple of local BTOs who run Deere are suppose to be wanting demos.. really interested in cutting down on the number of machines/operators they need now.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Supposedly, this behemoth Ideal is going to be in corn again this fall. Any sightings? Be interesting to see how this 52000+ lb. elephant will work on wet ground. Don't see how this thing is going to have much of a future in North America, Cat dealer sales rep told me they want no part of it. Substantially higher priced than Gleaner (at nearly 2X the weight), not likely to have Deere or Case converts. Titanic? Thoughts? Seems the Versatile combine will likely have higher performance and resale.
bitter much. Im told its a huge capacity increase in small grains. Combines are used outside of the corn belt and to date most are only built for it. Its time someone other then Claas shook the Deere and CNH tree in the combine market.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I think if they really want to prove it's performance, they should bring it out to my place. See if it can chew through this tough crap covered in snow! Now that would impress me!

Reactions: BRPFan

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think the 8 is two rotors? Should be at least another 1/4 to a 9.
Yes 8 is 2. I would hope so for what will be the enviable price increase. The one I would really like to know more about is the baby single rotor. As I have said before it will either be the value priced machine or the dog imo.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
I think if they really want to prove it's performance, they should bring it out to my place. See if it can chew through this tough crap covered in snow! Now that would impress me!
Hmmmm, if it can separate snow from wheat without freezing of the sieves or gumming up all them fancy sensors to adjust for losses the only problem we will have to do is figure out a dryer that is up to the challenge!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Apparently the local dealer is getting one Friday. Doesn't help with the corn guys, but perhaps we get to see what it will do in the less than Ideal conditions that we have this fall

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was told a large operation in eastern Kansas went to western North Dakota to see it's performance in wheat, came back unimpressed! Apparently when it is pushed, starts dumping wheat out the back. To collect JD or Case customers is going to be a real stretch, let alone breaking away the Lexion base from Cat dealers. Wouldn't bank on the competition resting their laurels while AGCO is still trying to get this monster to work.

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
I'm kinda confused about what you are after here? First you ask if anyone has seen one and then proceed to mis-label and bash just about everything to do with AGCO and Claas whilst saying a Versatile combine will have more performance and resale! Then you distribute some coffee shop anecdotal info about someone who saw it "dump" grain out the back three states away....

See how this looks? If you just hate AGCO and want to bash them then just be up front about it...:rolleyes:

And the skyscraper index applies to much of agriculture right now, if this combine happens to work the way it should it will be a lesser example of the craziness of equipment costs.:wink:

1 - 20 of 148 Posts