The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you need parts measure on a TR98 and don't want to take it apart to find out, I'm open (literally). Rotors and beater are on the floor, Chaffer is out, rotor gearboxes are coming out, and grain elevator boots are coming off.

So if anyone has any questions or good ideas for improvements, let me have em!

·
Super Moderator
4,259 Posts
Quote:ok alex, im gonna come drive down and whoop up on you......... thems is fighting words...
Sounds more like a party then a fight.

Don

·
Super Moderator
4,259 Posts
Quote:Don and I can carpool. Lets go more south than north...Its cold up here!
Got that right! And I think right now it would have to be significantly south.

Don

·
Registered
664 Posts
you better pack a lunch..........

"how big a boy are ya"

oh, half way would be where your hiway dead ends on 18.

Matt

·
Registered
664 Posts
hey kir, do you have the little fingures installed on your rotors? we put them on our rotors the first time we rebuilt them and i found that it helps pull more over to the left rotor. it seems like our compbine threshes more on the right rotor. it also helped move the straw over the seives instead of it falling and getting driven through the seives. i dont have a clue why they wernt on their out of the factory.

did you rebuild your rotors? if so, did you take them to grand island to get them balanced? i did, and it was awesome

Matt

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pegs are installed just over the separating area, there are places for them to go in the threshing area but we don't have them. Would you recommend them over the whole rotor?

It seems that our right rotor (from looking in towards the back) pulls more than the left as well. The sieve fingers broke out right under the beater on that side, so its either threshing more on that side or the return is biased too much to that side.

I don't think it helps having the beater ram material through the grate and straight down so the sieve. There should be a pan that takes it back to the grain pan so it gets the proper treatment. We might do that or just try to spread the flow with a couple chunks of steel welded to the beater grate.

Speaking of stuff not there from factory, the CR970s don't have the second rub bar that rides behind the primary one. That threw us for a loop but I imagine all the threshing happens with the 1st one anyway.

I just moved our separator pins around and moved the 3rd position rub bars to the front to make it last a couple more years. I'm flipping the separator paddles and welding more hard surfacing on the other side since NH wants $65 a pop for a piece of flat iron with a little twist and a bead of hard surface.

I don't think I'll make it to grand island for balancing unless we're going down to fight/party with alex. But I did tour the plant before the merger when they were still building TRs. It was pretty sweet!

·
Registered
664 Posts
i wouldnt toss rotors in without a balance. our parts were "balanced" and they were still off quite a bit. the guys at the factory were floored by our rotors, then i told them that it was the second time we were rebuilding them. they were like, what the hell, how many hours do you have?

we just have the pegs in the front half, after the concaves, we felt they didnt matter as the material is picked up by the fan from there.

they should balance your rotors for free if you get them to the plant. i only live 4-5 hours from the plant, so i made a trip. they let me tour and what not then the plant manager took me out to lunch. it was awesome. they treated me like royalty. ive also never driven a ranger down the isles of a plant before, so that was new.

my dad got to sit in on the tr's evaluation panel before they started building the new combines and some of the inputs he suggested got implemented. i know thacker was apart of that committee, so was an old harvester that has since quit the business. (my dad threw a fit about the tr cab being so d**n small, so now you all can benifit from that).

Matt

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think that I'm going to drive to grand island, since I'm in Alberta. Just do a little spinning and find the heavy spots and weld some chunks of scrap on them. That seems to be how they were balanced last time we had them redone. That should take some of the shake out, but dust and chaff just gets jammed under the rub bars anyway, so hopefully it all jams in equally!

I'm balancing the beater since its out too. Might as well make it as smooth as possible.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey guys,

This is my first post, just joined up today, but have enjoyed reading all of the posts for awhile now. This may sound sacriligous but on our TR we ran the first cover plate on the back beater.... for a while... then we put on both cover plates when we put in an aftermarket grate. Had the hard threshing kit in it so figured if it wasn't out by then it wasn't meant to be ours!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts