The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I like the fact that nobody can get to our bins or sheds without driving past the 2 houses first so I would keep the bins in the home yard for security reasons. There has been some grain thefts in the area and I'd rather not be one of the victims. That being said, talk to a couple insurance agents about distances between sheds, houses, barns, fertilizer bins and fuel tanks. Right now our fuel tanks are very close to the lane so I would move them to a less obvious location with a good fire guard around them. I am on top of a hill so drainage and flooding has never been an issue for us, and I like it that way as well. Bit of a pain when you are trying to level ground to build on though. I'm out of livestock now with the pigs gone, but if I were to start a new animal enterprise it would be further removed from the yard, downwind and down stream from the wells.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.