The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say no more green combines.
If you had to switch colors what would it be?

I really like the 7010 Case IH, 7120 I guess is the new model.
Real simple combine.

I have a green one and the next 1 will probably be green so I am not picking a color war against green.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Amusing since the Case is actually a single rotor version of a New Holland - a few components on them are distinctly Case in origin, but 80% of that machine is New Holland in origin.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Amusing since the Case is actually a single rotor version of a New Holland - a few components on them are distinctly Case in origin, but 80% of that machine is New Holland in origin. Whats amusing about it? So the Case is single rotor version of a New Holland, well wouldn't that make the New Holland a twin rotor version of the Case given their owned by the same company? Regardless, the CR New Holland would be my pic if there was no green.

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
I don't know.

When I think of a question like this I seem to think of all the negative implications of the unit in question.
What a change, when I wasn't running the farm I would only see the positive side of any potential purchase.
Life is life I guess.

BTW this would make a fun poll.

Don

·
Registered
590 Posts
Professor Frasier here.

Don't you guys being red color blind forget there are two CIH red single rotarties, the "true" CIH rotor based on the ol1480, and of course those are the 5088-6088-7088

AND

the red New Holland single rotary based on the New Holland, models 7120-8120-9120.

When answering your poll, don't forget the original International rotaries.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
if I really had to, I,d go for another green combine but with a splash of red/White and grey,

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'd take a new holland 9070, and no the case is the red new holland. Before the merger new holland had the cr ready for production and case ih said wait a minute for us to get a new combine and they ended up painting a 970 red and calling it the 8010.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think I would try the CLAAS lexion true GERMAN engineering is still the best, dealers are to far away for me at this moment, but an Agco would probably as good as a DEERE not that the Agco's have improved any the DEERE'S got so much worse no quality in the STS combine's that I run

·
Registered
590 Posts
It may appear that way, but speaking for myself, I would not own an STS or an axial flow. I would go New Holland for the walker or twin rotor (2nd choice). Currently run a walker, and a large walker would be plenty of capacity for our size operation, and do the best job overall for the variety of crops and conditions. A Claas walker would be very acceptable and most excellent, except don't know about dealer support, no Lexions in 50-75 mile radius that I know of.

·
Registered
178 Posts
have to be case cause i hear a fair few of new holland owners arnt to happy with the yellow ones this year and getting rid of them.

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
If JD was not around I would have to cry myself to sleep while wearing a Deere embossed snuggie, jk.

Probably a 9120 if I could figure out how to get a longer auger on it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts