The Combine Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Quote:So in one instance, the JD is $120,000 higher, and in the other instance the CIH is $70,000 higher? That's almost a new, low-spec combine's worth of difference.

Blue sky seems to be at an all-time high

just quoting figures i recieved, and blanch was the same. might make more sense when i tell you an 8120 without a header is around $550, 000 australian dollars....

Quote:That's almost a new, low-spec combine's worth of difference.

ha we wish. 120 k would get a 40 ft header with a few bucks left over to buy you and the banker lunch at the pub. 70 k might buy a 9600 thats harvested most of the country after its first rebuild....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would choose a Lexion Cat hands down!!!!!!! No dealer support isn't very close for many ppl but they have the BEST combine on the market today!

And yes i bleed green, and have my entire life. John Deere will always be the best in my book for me but if cat would get better dealer support i wouldn't have a problem changing combines.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
bundy is right on the money our new 9670 with most of the stuff auto steer chopper most of the stuff anyway and a 40ft jd front was 480000 including gst including a comb trailer so that is why we are going green the numbers were just to good

·
Registered
178 Posts
hi blanch so i made sure that i was right with the bloke and he said that was correct the 9770 was 120k more than the 7120, found of a couple more people saying that your deere dealer is higher priced than most, a bloke brought a deere from down victoria way cause they were 70-80k cheaper than here.
How much was a 7120 up that way blanch? as a 9670 is a smaller combine than a 7120.
bundybear i priced another 8120 with 40ft a couple months ago from memory it was around 580k

·
Registered
293 Posts
HMM. that's what the green guys were saying about the new sts this year. Ironic isn't it.
Had problems with motors blowing up, grounding and electrical problems, and no parts also.

Don't blame me this came from their mouths.
Silver all the way!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Correct
I like to combine tough beans!

You can combine tough beans with a Axial Flow, if you know how to operate it..........
........I used to go as late or later than JD owners with are old 2188 with a specialty rotor ...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have dealer support,

And I am very happy with Lexion machines. I am on my second one now, and they are still able to do the best work of any brand, IMHO. Best of both, conventional and rotary, in one machine. Great quality of components, heavy guage sheet metal, reliable electronics, German engeneering and steel. And of course Caterpillar engines! The BMW/Porche of combines. Love to watch the bin extension fold in or out!

Regards, Kirk

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have worked on many others and can not work full time on those, They have many different systems that don't make sense.
This is me.
I know what your thinking, there is somebody that i know went from JD to New Holland, likes New Holland

This is Red and Green

Yes if I was young Maybe, But I,m Green AND Proud of IT

I agree with caseihaxialflow. Your saying that if JD were gone then you wouldn't work for another color dealer because you are green? In that case you don't deserve unemployment. You know we had a local Deere dealer here close up. One of the owners, a parts guy, and a couple of mechanics that used to work there went to work for the local CaseIH dealer. They are happy. In fact they work on quite a bit of JD equipment from former customers at the shop. Guess they are a different bunch of guys.

Oh and these guys were not all young guys. They were probably late 30's to late 50's..........

I mean if Case IH were gone I would go to New Holland, Cat or something. Got to keep farming.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
It was if John Deere did not make combines and you own one what will you buy??????????????????????????????.

Don that was if you owned a John Deere combine and it was a fake poll, because everybody voted, even you.

The Combine Forum :: Harvesting Community :: John Deere :: Re: Current John Deere combine owners.

Poll Poll Question: If John Deere quit making combines and you had to buy a new one what would it be??
Poll Status:
This poll will automatically lock on Jan 10, 2010, 12:43pm.
If you were a regular user, results for this poll would have been hidden until you had voted.

New Holland CR or CX (35 votes, 13.3%)
Case IH AFX (67 votes, 25.5%)
Case IH 88 series (35 votes, 13.3%)
Gleaner R (13 votes, 4.9%)
Gleaner A/ Massey/ Challenger (15 votes, 5.7%)
Cat/ Claas (59 votes, 22.5%)
Other. Not listed here. (5 votes, 1.9%)
I will NOT farm without a JD combine. (33 votes, 12.5%)

Poll Totals:
Total Votes: 262
Total Voters: 262

Author Topic: Re: Current John Deere combine owners. (Read 3,838 times)
Alex Ryan
Administrator

Re: Current John Deere combine owners.
« Thread Started on Dec 25, 2009, 10:12pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been cleaned up since reading through it I found the rumblings of a color war starting early so I killed the whole thing but left the poll... Now please keep your negative comments about people, other colors, places, etc. to yourself.

Alex
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2009, 11:25am by Alex Ryan » Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Administrator, The Combine Talk Forums

Author Topic: What happened to the combine poll? (Read 241 times)
larry

What happened to the combine poll?
« Thread Started on Dec 26, 2009, 10:48am »

Case IH and LEXION were nearly neck and neck.

I was anxious to see the outcome on Jan. 10 when it locks.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2009, 10:49am by larry » Link to Post - Back to Top 173.23.240.105

Alex Ryan
Administrator

Re: What happened to the combine poll?
« Reply #1 on Dec 26, 2009, 11:17am »

I'll clean it up and bring it back for ya.

·
Super Moderator
4,011 Posts
OK thanks Tom.
Not sure why you call it a fake poll though, hypothetical yes, but not fake,
I think the votes for the most part would have been legitimate.

Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am a GREEN and YELLOW farmer ,but if I HAD TOO CHANGE!!! it would be New Holland Yellow.......amazing capacity in the new ones......The red one's around here can't handle damp tough conditions!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts