The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Driven pulley is worn out I have the spring compressor and a used complete pulley do I need to remove the belt to take the old one off and put the new one on? Or can I leave everything alone and compress the spring down and take it off then put the belt inside new one and and compress outer half down? Thanks!

·
Ken Adams
1,355 Posts
If you are asking - can I remove and install pulley assy with belt installed, I am sure the answer is no.
But if you are installing new seals in your replacement, then I would suggest disassembling pulley on combine and reassembling in pieces unto combine.
Compress spring and tap cam forward to remove snap ring, decompress spring and you can remove cam ,washers, spring and sliding pulley, then belt. Then remove stationary halve. Just reverse to reinstall.
I would replace seals in sliding half, cam followers and talk to my local CaseIH partsman about a new spring.
Hope this answers what you were asking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.