The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything is operating on the tractor as it should but It will not lift any of my implements when hooked to the remote box. I removed the inspection plate at the back of the tractor and had someone operate hydraulic lever inside cab of tractor. When the remote lever is engaged hydraulic oil sprays out of the inspection plate area. Has anyone had the same issue or any idea what the problem is? Thank you

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I know on my old 806 that on the RH side of the hydraulics under the seat there is a plug. Behind it was a tube that had an Oring inside the housing and it was bad. That allowed oil to bypass and remotes wouldn't work. Old time IH mechanic told me that. Replaced oring and everything worked. Don't know if this helps but that's the extent of hydraulic issues on older IH tractors.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Had the O ring blow on the pump cover of our 1486. Leaked internally as you describe.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
x3 very common - there is actually a teflon ring update to put inside the oring. Works, unless you have a tractor like my 1486, where the holes were misaligned by about 50%--- Had to weld up & grind out the case to get them aligned as it would simply blow out the oring & ring right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts