The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
see one coming up at an auction. I have have the local fert dealer do all my spreading with a floater. was thinking of buying it for that purpose if it went low enough. asking price on CL is anywhere from 5-10K. I do conventional till with no corn. have heard availability of parts may be an issue. any thoughts?

·
Ken Adams
1,320 Posts
morb1lee - can you explain a bit more why you think this 8500 might be a good idea?

I have seeded with one for almost 20 years now and it might do what you want, but I think there might be a better or lower maintenance machines for you!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Low maintenance would be nice. Considering one because of low price and payback, not many pull spreaders around to purchase, could use as a airseeder if need be (current plant wheat with 9350 and beans a 7100 planter), would look for just a cart to connect into cultivator but they seem to ask around 10k for the old ones even. Not saying I'm going to buy itbut want someone else's opinion on it

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Happiest days of my life go something like this.

Birth of my children

Wedding day "some days this change" LoL

The day I drug the 8500 away from the farm

The day I sell the yielder for scrap will top them all.

I think you would be better off with a old concord or even an old concord / prasco cart hooked to a chisel or something of that nature.

Any kind of cart + maybe even a vibra chisel.

8500 required as much love as it seeded.

Lots of better cheaper options here anyways but I know tillage is norm over there so what I would end up paying for something to build a setup would likely be a lot diff and I know seeding is fast approaching

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts