The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw the 1482/1682 thread and found it very interesting and i wanted to know some more about IH 914 pull type combines

we had one on our farm when i was younger i loved working on it because it was so easy to work on beening a 10 year old at the time then we found a case ih 1460 bought it and sold the beloved 914 we put 3000 dollars into the seives and pick up before we sold it and once we sold it the new owner used it for 2 years and parked it by the fence line.

please share your story's and pictures

·
Registered
140 Posts
My father farmed 1800 acres a year with a 914, but this was before my time. But i do remember that they use to change the rub bars every year, other than that it was a good combine. The only complaint he had with it was in wheat it was "to dam slow". He use to run a day shift and a night shift to get the crop off, but that was a lot of acre for a 914 lol. My brother has a 914, uses it to combine 40 acres of oat's so he has straw left over to bail lol. We pulled it one year with the 4890 and got a lot of laughs!

·
Registered
51 Posts
My father used one through the 80's and into the late 90's. Simple machine to work on and set. Capacity was ok for a 48" cylinder, 25ft swath and 35bushel/acre wheat @ 2.3mph. The great thing about the machine is it would thrash in tough conditions. It doesn't surprise me that a previous poster said they would run it 24hours a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts