The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a IH 915 combine that I have been having trouble with the gear oil filling up with hydraulic fluid, then pushing it out the cap of the gear oil reservoir. The is the reservoir at the top by the separator clutch, that the hydraulic pump and hydrostatic pump connect to. At first I thought it was the small hydraulic pump than runs the steering, etc, as it connects directly to the gearbox. I had another I tried so I drained the fluid down and refilled the gear box with 80w-90 and the problem seemed to have fixed itself. I ran it a whole year with no problems. I got it out of the shed this year and its doing the same thing. I'm really not sure what the deal is or how the hydraulic oil is getting in there. It was low on hydraulic oil as I had a leak underneath the cab, that leaked out over the winter. I did have to re add to get it to move again, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Does anyone have any ideas? Everything seems to work fine expect for it pushing oil out of the gear box cap??

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with a Aussie made Chamberlain 4290. Hydraulic oil is blowing the dip stick out the transfer case. I suspect it might be a dud drive seal on the hydro pump allowing fluid from the reservoir into the transfer case.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am leaning toward a seal in the hydro pump or a seal in the hydraulic pump, hoping for a seal in the hydraulic pump as it is much smaller and easier to remove. I am thinking I will try that first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts