The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While not ideal can you run corn and beans with a small wire concave by pulling wires.
Corn runs 110-145 bpa on average and beans 30 bpa. Right now a new concave isn't in the cards so I need to run this for a year.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
yes it can be done, concave change is a must in corn and beans, spendy yes, got neighbors you can use, won't be happy with sample, don't have a choice, bite the bullet, darn expensive i know, got a case dealer that has used ones, scott.

·
Registered
211 Posts
While maybe not ideal, if you really have to it will work. It has been done before and if you don't think you can afford another set of concaves right now it will get you by until you can. If you are going to buy another set of concaves you should consider looking at some aftermerket concaves. Certain brands are cheaper and built just as good or better than oem. How many acres of beans / corn do you have to take off ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Have you looked into worthington ag I think they should have a burnt machine that you could get concaves out of. Is there a combine bone yard in your state or nieghboring states. Just a thought. Maybe a someone near you has a machine sitting in the woods somewhere.

Good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have about 400 of corn and 100 of beans. No red dealers on the area to have any used ones. It's going in a 1460. The set in our 1440 is SHOT so no point in swapping over. Has anybody ran a set of helical concaves yet? Will they be to hard on the straw to bale?

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is no diference in case-ih concaves other then wire spacing. I would remove 1 out of every three wires in #1 and remove 2 out of every wires in # 2 & #3 concave. If you have less then 2500 hours on the concaves you will be all right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts