The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See lots of discussion on this forum regarding the early axial flow combines etc but not much re the old conventional combines. We used to have 3 old 711 combines that as a young fella I learned to drive on, and new inside and out.

Curious was this a common model in Nth America or not?

Jono

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: IHC 711

Sorry - changed my bio to where i am - not sure why it said I was in the US.

Yes they were very popular in Aust, much more so than the 725 - which was a lot uglier too. Certainly had the issues with the front rims cracking on the fold. Standard for us when we got a new one was to remove the rims and add gussets all the way around on both sides. Also had issues with the brakes being left on and causing issues

Jono

·
Registered
809 Posts

The 815 (the 915 is a close second) model that was sold in the USA was the worst combine ever manufactured by IH. The problems and drawbacks are too many to list. I believe it replaced the 503 model, this was a good machine....had a wide cylinder, good cleaning fan and I think it had the first hydro drive in a IH combine.

·
Registered
7 Posts

711 was Aust developed and made. I still have a goer sitting in the shed, one of the last with 16ft open front and straw spreader if you want one. Fond memories until you spend a few hours on it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts