The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
That sucks man, hope you can get something back out of them.

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
ILTA has declared bankrupcy. I just cleaned up some bin bottoms and hauled about 34T of lentils in on Friday.
You are front row center, yes, even ahead of the banks as you delivered less than 15 days ahead of filing.
At least that’s how it was in AB about 20 years ago when I received within 100$’s on 63,000 ish I had expected. Took months to get mind you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I hope you get your money, might be best to head to town this morning with your semi, if the sherif hasn’t looked the gate, you just might get your product back. We had to do that once years ago, got lucky.

I watched them build their new plant in Belle Plain after just finishing its twin near Saskatoon. I didn’t think they would last long, that plant never hardly bought any grain. Multi million dollar places.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Makes you wonder if any of the small time pulse buyers are safe to deal with.
This past year there have been lots of chickpea contracts not accepted for all kinds of reasons. Too high moisture, cracks, mechanical damage etc etc. Loads shipped back to the farmer. These were all 40 cent and higher contracts.
There was one that were cleaned here locally shipped out and got hit with 9% dockage on delivery.

Hope you get your check Lttletimeoperator. My understanding is if it was received before the 8th, you should be okay. CGC is involved, check will be later than you like though. Anything on the 8th or later could be a bit of an issue.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I put something on FB about this, here was a reply by someone. Hope it helps and hoping you get paid.

Grain Commission is involved. Call 1-204-984-8623 Cory Birch is handling the file.

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did Hensel Coop not buy out Ilta? Our local Ilta now appears to be business as usual with a different name on the sign. I hope that is the case for you guys as well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
How can one be careful selling their grain beyond verifying the company is licenced and bonded? Not delivering too much at one time? We have to sell our product to somebody and I imagine most buyers are on loose footing, much like many farms. Might have to stick to reds and peas and just deal with the Viterra’s of the world. I have lentil contract going in to ETG soon (not to be confused with AGT) and now I’m gunshy I’m delivering on it. There has to be a better system for the farmer than the Bond. Accounts in trust or at least insurance of some kind. We already take enough frickin risk getting it in the bin.

CGC guy I spoke with today said the grain act needs an overhaul as it’s a 100+yr old document and needs to be changed in parliament. Doesn’t seem to matter what government is in power things don’t get addressed. If only we had influence like the seedco’s....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts