The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made their own out of something like AR plate? Or if buying some would you go with HHS or the Heavy duty ones from CLAAS>

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
local machine shop made me 3 sets for the price if a sunny brook set. he used QT400 steel. works great so far. he also made me a couple really sharp dogs tongues

·
Premium Member
5,191 Posts
There is nothing wrong with AR plate. It is about 3 times harder than regular steel. You should be able to make them for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Has anyone made their own out of something like AR plate? Or if buying some would you go with HHS or the Heavy duty ones from CLAAS>
When we still had a stock impeller we bought the Boronized ones Sunnybrooke make, and we were very happy with them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I can draw one up for you and them laser cut this winter while im building my vertical tillage tool. Just get me either a cardboard copy or an original and how much material you want added. Ill bring your sensor back the next rainout and get the template if you have it ready.

I looked at mine the other day hunting down a vibration, and i was shocked how worn they are for having only picked 340ac of wheat and 550 corn.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yes, I have made them. A good sharp knife on the rotor nose was much more beneficial. The last set I made, were made with a MMMMM pattern to better grab material from the cylinder. They worked very well.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I have made them. A good sharp knife on the rotor nose was much more beneficial. The last set I made, were made with a MMMMM pattern to better grab material from the cylinder. They worked very well.
I vaguely remember this. didnt they have a brake just below the M

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I vaguely remember this. didnt they have a brake just below the M
Good memory! Yes, it worked very good. The theory was to get the impeller a bit more aggressive instead of having it lean back so far, much like the APS paddles.

I now run a SB impeller for other reasons...thought the factory impeller and/or drive shaft was bent. Upon removal, it looked like possibly the only issue was the four bolts holding shaft to impeller was loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts