The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do you think a guy could somehow extend the front middle frame and hitch on a jd1895 and put bigger wider tires on the front mainframe. That is all that seems to ever get me stuck. Those front mainframe wheels drop in and start pushing mud. Just thinking if a guy could put some wider tires or even a dual setup somehow. But would have to move it,forward so when you turn or it pivots back it would clear the mainframe. Just spitballing ideas.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I thought all 1895's had duals at all 4 locations across the front and back, are yours singles? In any case, just extending the frame boxing forward would greatly reduce the weight bias on those tires. Truthfully you'ld have a lot more satisfaction to just put a very BIG tractor on that thing and just giver her **** in the wet stuff. Like in this old photo.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it has duals. I guess i meant duals on each spindle so quads i guess u could say. I do have a 9560R on it so kinda hard to get much bigger.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
At one time I use to look out the back window and consider extending the wheel frame boxing forward and simply adding a second factory dual caster assembly ahead of the ones that are already there and just lower the air pressure of all 8 tires that would be on the front mainframe. As well as adding a couple of 5 foot gull wings that folded outward above the road signs. However bigger single disc drills are now available, that are also great, you just have to change colors.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I had the same problem with mine when I had a 9400 on it but now the I switched to a track machine I haven't had a problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts