The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen our 6088 has the in cab controls for the sieves.... so what all do i need to know about these and adjusting them on the go...

can you just open as you see fit... or do you have to let the crop go threw and then try... just curious... thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not sure about opening them on the go. When closing them only do it with the machine empty and then open them fully before closing again. This is to dislodge any crop material that is stuck between the fins before you try to close it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe the controller in the combine will automatically open the sieves before closing them while you are combining. For example, if the sieve is set at 13, and while you are combining you change the sieve setting to 10, the sieve will automatically open up, then close down to 10, without you having to open them up.

Edit: the indicator in the cab will not show the sieves opening up and then closing back down; in the example I gave, the indicator would show 10 for the entire time it is opening up and then closing back down.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sounds like a good idea....you would think it would be less likely to break something that way.... i can't wait to use that....that will be great to at the touch of a button close it down for the boundry of a field then open for the rest..

hope it works...lol

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That does sound like a good idea. The adjustment handle on the shoe sieve broke the other day, so I have to reach in there with a hammer to move the stub that's left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts