The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at purchasing a used self propelled sprayer for under a 100k? Been looking at Rogator 854/1074. We use to have 844 while back, it was under powered in the mud. We have two pull types Summer 110' and a older 90', can't stand running either of them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am currently running pull types also, but considering apache or versatile. I was told wheel motors only last about 4000 hours and run about 10 grand each.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have a Rogator 1074 with 2700 hrs. I really don't like it very much, it's very rough (back breaking almost) it has 4 speeds and in the highest speed oil is diverted equally to all 4 wheels, as you go in lower speeds the power starts to get directed to just the rear wheels, really a stupid set up. It's very loud. Not much power. I did blow wheel motors.

The good things, it's very accurate, I like the big tank 1080 gallons.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have a Rogator 1074 with 2700 hrs. I really don't like it very much, it's very rough (back breaking almost) it has 4 speeds and in the highest speed oil is diverted equally to all 4 wheels, as you go in lower speeds the power starts to get directed to just the rear wheels, really a stupid set up. It's very loud. Not much power. I did blow wheel motors.

The good things, it's very accurate, I like the big tank 1080 gallons.
Wanna buy it?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
854 gator yes littlr rougher but if you look for an 854 ss they run air ride or 874 ss thats air ride too
rogators that i have driven are not under powerd would walk past any case or jd in any condition rogators really shine when going gets tough

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
854 gator yes littlr rougher but if you look for an 854 ss they run air ride or 874 ss thats air ride too
rogators that i have driven are not under powerd would walk past any case or jd in any condition rogators really shine when going gets tough
The 844 was only 180 horse, if the tank was full when you were cutting deep ruts it would just stop. Very frustrating to drive a fwd across a 1/4 of crop to pull it out. I don't know, maybe the hydro was getting weak never thought about it.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
yes very much somthing wroung with it my 854 would just go and go and go you had too be in a stupid situation to be stopped my gatror would spin its wheels when down to the axels in mud
in 2011 are megga wet year here i dualed the rear up the guys who i spray for recoun i could nearly walk on water with it was awesome used way less fuel too

·
Registered
85 Posts
Done a fair bit of country in it. My family has had the rest and 2nd sprayers such as a rogator and John Deere are a big no for me especially if they are worth under a 100k. Versatile simple machine not much maintaince (no 2nd hand wheel motors)and I have found out mud doesn't worry it (thanks to no hydro)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you'd be better off with the 1074 or similar if you can find one for that price. With interest rates where they are and dealers wanting to move stock, now is the time. The Versatile offer doesn't sound too interesting, a big tank on a mechanical drive 2wd machine....no thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think you'd be better off with the 1074 or similar if you can find one for that price. With interest rates where they are and dealers wanting to move stock, now is the time. The Versatile offer doesn't sound too interesting, a big tank on a mechanical drive 2wd machine....no thanks.

Something that I have learnt is that a 2 wheel drive machine will out perform
A hydro any day of the week. Wasted years if money on machinery in 4 wheel drive rigs and they don't do anything else except chew fuel and get way less power to the ground and take more profit away from your businnes. rogator or John Deere under 100k wouldn't touch it personally would be a disaster waiting to happen. They would end up costing you more then 100k

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Ran 3 RoGator's from early 1990's until 2012. Last one was an 854. Good machine. Rough, yes. But would go through almost anything. Hours were north of 4,000 and we'd started doing air system work to it, so decided to trade.

We traded it for a JD4830. Better ride. Easier monitor to learn since we already run 2600 monitor's in combines, tractors, etc. And the salesman had been trying to get us into a Deere for a few years so his pencil was extremely sharp!

Don't get me wrong, that 854 was a great machine...

Andrew

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm sure Rogator and JD are ready to sell off now that a market leader like Versatile has brought a top shelf product to the market. They do like easy products, the same company selling your Versatile sprayers handle Vector combines. Ask anyone that owns a new Rogator that now runs a Sisu engine and the fuel consumption is very low. Fill that tank and head to a wet field...good luck. I'll take my hydro and power through, no dramas.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i dont care if new or old a gator it will out pull and perform a versatile in the wet any

Rogator hass less power to the ground even when it's engine is 310hp
how the **** you work that out you have what 275 hp too two wheels which is 137 per wheel i have 77 to each wheels on all four courners the versatile sprayer has no power to the front wheels so when it gets wet your **** out of luck there have awfull balance so you will sink that rear end in no time flat
the best thing on that sprayer is the jcb rear end is bullet proof
i garantie this engine will use less fuel than a versatile in summer with the rg 900 on good going im at .3 liters per ac in the spring if a hole wet im at .45 to .5 per ac

1 - 20 of 38 Posts