The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at my incline Alger on my 2366 today has 2100 sep hrs on it. The flighting is pretty thin. How hard do they come out. Should I just put new flighting on it?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Getting it out is the easy part. Putting it back in is a little harder, but not really that difficult. We replaced ours last year. It isn't a really hard job, it's just kind of cumbersome.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Replaced ours on the 2144 a couple years ago. Just some basic wrenching. Replace the bearings while you have it apart. We reflighted ours, cheaper than replacement and better than original.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was also wondering what drives the auger at the bottom. You take the bearing off the top and just pull the auger out?

·
Registered
47 Posts
At the bottom of the auger there is a cover with 4 5/16 bolts holding it on. Remove the cover. Loosen the 4 3/8 bolts that hold the bearing flanges on the bottom of the auger. Take loose the top bearing support. Pull the auger out. The auger is driven by a splined shaft, it will need to be aligned when the new auger goes in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We bought one made by Loewen and it is very heavily built and was hard faced on the edge. It was also cheaper than OEM. I think we bought it through Sloan Express.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts