The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need new incline auger for 1688. Can get one through sloan express for $349 but number is for combine with yield monitor which I don't have. Dealer number is different than sloans number. Will this auger work on my 1688? TIA

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are two different augers for the incline auger. The on for the yield monitor has a section of flighting cut out for the moisture sensor. The auger for the combines with out yield monitors has full flighting on it. I would go with the CaseIH one with the full flighting on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not just cut out some of old incline auger out and weld in where there is space on new auger and save $300? Possible or not a good idea?

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can do what you want, but I would check the thickness of the flighting between the two of them and the type of steel used. Alloy steel is more money but it will last longer. Low carbon steel is cheaper and does not wear as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A friend of mine put a Loewen auger (<$350), from Sloan in his 2188 last year at the begining of rice harvest. His dad put a CIH(>$600), auger midway through harvest in his 2188. The Loewen still looks new, the CIH will be replaced before this years harvest even starts, they cut about 1800 acres of rice plus a few soybeans with the two machines. Rice is very, very abrasive and the Loewen auger is holding up much better than the CIH.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:A neighbor put a poly floor in the bottom of his feederhouse and boy was that a mistake.

Why was that a mistake?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have used those poly floors before.. I have wore out 2 out them in 3000 hrs. they always seam to split open at the bottom fold over time.
I was wondering if i should just throw it out and go without?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote:A friend of mine put a Loewen auger (<$350), from Sloan in his 2188 last year at the begining of rice harvest. His dad put a CIH(>$600), auger midway through harvest in his 2188. The Loewen still looks new, the CIH will be replaced before this years harvest even starts, they cut about 1800 acres of rice plus a few soybeans with the two machines. Rice is very, very abrasive and the Loewen auger is holding up much better than the CIH.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote: Need new incline auger for 1688. Can get one through sloan express for $349 but number is for combine with yield monitor which I don't have. Dealer number is different than sloans number. Will this auger work on my 1688? TIA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts