The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use a 1688 and draper head in high yielding rice (200+ @ 12 to 17%). I set my combine(rotor speed, concave, & sieves) to achieve an acceptable loss and set my grain loss monitor to reflect such. My ground speed is usually limited by grain loss (rotor loss being greatest) not by rotor or engine load. Speeds usually are in the range of 1.5 to 2.0 mph. If a 2388 has the same seperating and cleaning area as the 1688 why would I expect an increase in capacity? Where / how does this occur? If anyone has first hand knowledge please explain. Will be trading before the 08 crop to something larger. I need all the input I can get.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't think you would see much of an increase at all. If there was, it would likely be more from having a new rotor and new concaves than anything else. Going to an 8010 would be a definate increase.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Mechanically, these machines are the same. If you have a AFX style rotor and other updates on your 1688, you are not going to gain anything IF power is not limiting.
Biggest differences were creature comforts and more power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts