The Combine Forum banner

Indigo Ag yield claims

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  chaddermd 
#1 ·
Howdy fellow farmers,

Corn farmer here from Iowa. ANyone heard of Indigo Ag? Are they legit or just some hoitytoity ivy-league nerds out to conquer the world with snake oil sale?

Are the yield numbers legit? WHat about their transportation marketplace to move crops

#3 ·
I don't know much about them but venture to say their yield estimates are closer than the USDA, Indigo 154 vs USDA 169. I think they are a legit company but don't know if they'll make you any money.

Where from in Iowa?

#4 ·
I tried some of Indigo's seed treatment this year, with the promise of big dollar carbon credits. What a mistake! I did three, one mile long test strips on wheat. Same variety, same day, three total miles of alternating passes to keep land equal. Very sandy soil and really dry this year. My check strips averaged 71, while the indigo ran 68, and only .2 higher protein. What a Disappointment! All the hype and no results. Ive asked them what the reason and for a refund. Of course, no response

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.