The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used some inferno duo on a field that has a wild oat problem. Now its time for incrop spraying. Arysta says go in with 3/4 rate everest. but i would like to go in with full rate. Anybody ever done full rate everest after inferno duo?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I would definitely not use Everest in this field after using inferno already. It would be too much flucarbazone group 2 in one season IMO. You're setting yourself up for group 2 resistance or too much residual in soil.

Is there still a big wild oat problem? Can't use a group 1 wild oat in crop now? I suggest Axial, a wide window of application and very good on wild oats.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
hmm ok, maybe try another group 2 like a simplicity or varro wild oat? I dunno, that's a tricky one. Have you used axial in the past? Because its a different active thank most group 1s and I have seen it control more wild oats than another choice...

·
Registered
303 Posts
DONT GO FULL RATE EVEREST AFTER INFERNO, you will burn your crop and shorten your straw especially any where you double up. If a 3/4 rate doesnt control wild oats after inferno duo, you got bigger problems.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I put Pre-pare on a field a couple of years ago which I think is fairly similar to what you have done here(not sure of the exact rate of Flucarbazone?) Anyways, after spraying it with Axial and having escapes with that I put on Simplicity at 30A/Jug and that got them. I would go straight to the Simplicity...and I will not be messing around anymore with half-rate nonsense anymore!!!:mad:

Only good product pre-seed is Avadex, had good luck with that.:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just looked at my wheat field. Did half the field with inferno duo and other half withjust glyphosate. inferno has definitely worked. Still a few escapes but not bad. So probably go 3/4 rate everest on inferno duo part of field and a higher rate on rest of it. See what turns out the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.