The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a 36' macdon or gleaner header. can someone tell me if a macdon has to say FD or flex draper to be able to cut soybeans? or what gleaner headers are flex. would like to find one header to cut wheat, milo(sorghum), & soybeans. any recommendations of preferred headers or headers to avoid would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've ran both macdon and dyna flex, both are good heads with good and bad with each. I just traded for another dynaflex and like them a little better , they shave uneven groung better. The macdon will cut short beans better because you can set the reel close to the cutterbar. Nothing feeds the gleaner better than the dyna flex.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nelson Implement in Thief River M.N. should have a couple 36' with Gleaner adaptors.I have a Macdon on a Gleaner makes harvesting soybeans fun.The 974 series is the one to get for a Gleaner,narrow center draper.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for your replies. I guess I should have been more specific about how much I want to spend. I would love a dynaflex, but that is out of my price range. A macdon 970 or 960 is more what would be in my price range. but I didn't know if they flex to cut beans or if it has to be a flex draper. or if say a 5100 agco will flex to cut beans.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you get a 30 ft. you don't need the flex draper, anything bigger you probably will. The mac don is a good head, but from what I've heard the 973 and 974 will feed gleaners better than the FD series.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts