The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, I would like some information from our North American farmers on some fertilizer products Agrium has started to market in Australia. The first one is Maximum N-Pact [ Loveland ] a foliar nitrogen [29-0-0 33% SRN], its selling point being its a Amino Butyric acid vs UAN salt based [ less leaf burn]. 10L N-Pact=30L UAN. Does anyone have field data on this? positive negative? The other products are NutriSync M and NutriSync D [ Loveland Agriproducts] for Monocotyledon plants and Dicotyledonous plants. They are foliar to aid nutrient uptake in plants. The primary technology is Inositol. I think these products are marketed in the US as Bomo and Bomnzn. From what I have read there seems to be a lot of science behind this, so any experience, ROI, field data etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did some trials north of Regina a couple years ago with N-Pact at herbicide timing and flag leaf timing and rates of 2 L/ac in HRS wheat. All our expectations were only for protein bump but it gave nothing. On other hand about 7 gal of 28-0-0 dribbled on at jointing bumped up about 8 bu/ac and help protein. Big yields that year I should mention. The foliar N's are too expensive to put on at a high enough rate to do anything in my opinion, so ROI is terrible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Local fert company also pushing this recons 25 to 30 litres is the same a good dose of urea, cost three times the price of urea ,you do the math can't see how 30 litres is going to magically turn onto three times the nitrogen

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I don't think CPS has seriously tried to sell that line in western Canada but some of the guys from the US should have run into it at their US retails

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
CPS never stops trying to pedal Black Label Zinc to us. All of my neighbours that have done their trials call it snake oil now. They must get serious kickbacks on selling the product because I can not get them to piss off about it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for those who responded. So far I've done a 50 ha trial over 3 different crops. That product is called Awaken, a foliar spray of zinc, boron, nitrogen, copper, iron. Farmer trials last year showed an increase in dry matter. For the rest of the products I told them to start setting up trials at their expense

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.