The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the fuel injectors on their 8010. We have a 2005 with 1700 hours on the engine and the last week or two of harvest, we kept getting a 'cylinder 5 incorrect data' warning. It still ran fine, couldn't tell any difference. At first it only did it for first hour or so then quit, and eventually stayed on. The mechanic told me that none of the injectors tested within the 'specs'. I know nothing about engines, but they suggest replacing them all at $1300 a piece. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experienced this issue. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had 2006 8010 and had to replace all injectors in the winter of 2008-2009. Case picked this up for me and I had lots more power and it was evident in boost pressure readings.

·
Registered
657 Posts
talk to your case dealer a friend of ours has a 2004 8010 and last fall case ih put all the injectors in his machine free of charge. our dealer told me that case was doing that on a update. if your doesnt know about it tell him to check with case because they told me it was no cost to owner. and guy i know was not even 1st owner. which that should not matter anyway. good luck let us know how you make out. i would not wait to long on getting it done

·
Registered
19 Posts
We've got an 04 8010 that I would love to have the injectors replaced for free, it doesn't seem like it has near the power it should. Does anybody have anymore information on this, I know as soon as I bring it up to the dealer they'll look at me like I'm crazy. Would like to know exactly what I was talking about.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i will check with my dealer to see who to talk to. i know for a fact that they did replace others for free. i'll see what i can find out on monday and let you know.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We told the dealership about this and they didn't know what we were talking about. They put a request into CNH and it was rejected. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would guess I'm pretty well screwed because were the 3rd owner of this machine. Bought it in WI and I highly doubt our local dealer will be interested, but thanks for checking 8010 that'd be awesome if you could figure out some more because I believe she's a few ponies short.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The early 8010's had a different horsepower rating than later ones. Had an 06 that had a miss and low power symptoms turns out the wiring harness on the engine had a connector pin not being properly installed only fix was to replace harness.

·
Registered
809 Posts
As a whole I think most of the engines Iveco put in the 8010's are solid. They seem to have their issues at times from casting sand in the blocks to low power complains in earlier combines. It looks like they want to handle each combine/engine individually, you never know what machine owner is going to be taken care.

·
Registered
657 Posts
talked to our service manager today and he told me case had what they was called an emissions warranty it was on combines (8010) that were under 5 years old and under so many hours. he could not remember off hand what the hour cuttoff was.but said he was at school last week and that they were still doing update.what he did say was what they are doing now is making you have your injectors tested now to see if they are bad before just replaceing all of them. i don't know were you guys fall on hours but if it is under 5 years you should be covered. i would say you may have to raise some heck about but maybe thats what you have to do to get something done. tell your dealer to get intouch with his area rep and have them get with company. might have to tellthem if they don't do something you might have to switch to another color machine that might do the trick. if you have a good dealer like ours you should not have to go that far. let me know how you make out. good luck and let me know if i can help anymore.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks 8010. Ours is an 05 with 2200 hours. They did test all the injectors and they all tested bad. They kind of laughed at me when i told them about this, and it really made us mad to say the least. It seems whenever something like this happens its easier to start at the top. I'll have to go visit with the manager i guess. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ours is an 04 so we don't fall in the 5 years but we've only got 1200 hrs. on the rotor so I don't know if that will help. If the injectors all test fine it wont be a big deal, hopefully they do, I don't really feel like raising cane over it. It was a Case IH test machine back in the day so maybe they'd get warm fuzzies over the deal, but at $1300 a pop I highly doubt that's going to happen. Thanks for figuring that out though 8010.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They ended up covering our injectors. Thanks much for the help. I wouldn't have known anything about this without this forum. Thanks again.

·
Registered
657 Posts
kdo305: good to here that they covered that. this is what i talked about before some guys tell us we don't know what were talking about. i guess we did sometimes it pays to ride the company a little bit that is how you get stuff done. i always try to help people if i can thats how others find out about other peoples same issues. im glad to here you got them to stand behind it. you should have all kinds of power now. well good luck this spring 8010

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks 8010, i appreciate it. We do have all one color for a reason, we have good mechanics and believe they do have the best equipment and technology for what we are doing. Its great to know that they do stand behind it and i know the 8010's cost them some money since they came out, but we are still happy with the trade up from a 2188 and it has twice the capacity. Thanks again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts