The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took several tries to even get this short piece as lighting was not what I needed and other issues arose. But I did get this short bit of the wheat coming thru a concave in a 1680. The video was 3 times as long as this edited part, but the other 2/3 was at higher capacity which did not video as well. So this bit is at about half capacity or less which is why there is not as much material coming thru as you may expect.

I hope to take what I learned about lighting and do a better job when we get into spring wheat later. Also, the material coming out of the grates will take some creative camer and lighting enclosures or something as what I tried did not work.

So, hopefully this is not too awful disappointing.

Also there are a couple other videos I took a couple years ago further down the page on my channel if you care to look at them.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's pretty cool! How's your wheat running?
Our winter wheat ran very well this year. It was a pretty good "wheat year" as we would say since we had good enough weather to keep it maintained and nutrient fed. We had some well over 4 ton/acre and some a strong 3. We somehow avoided the sharp eye spot that was hitting other nearby fields.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think the sharp eye spot thing was overblown anyway. I have 120 acres left to do ,all ovation ssw . All doing very well. Some of the best wheat ive ever had. Had severe lightning storm about midnight last night with short downpours ,doubt any damage but may halt us today.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the sharp eye spot thing was overblown anyway. I have 120 acres left to do ,all ovation ssw . All doing very well. Some of the best wheat ive ever had. Had severe lightning storm about midnight last night with short downpours ,doubt any damage but may halt us today.
The lightening and thunder hit here about 3:30. No real rain, just a couple drops hit the tin roof.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You lucked out. A little damp here this a.m. Gonnabe a sticky one today. Im pretty impressed with this ovation wheat. I was skeptical at first , high priced seedstock, but it seems to be somewhat drought tolerant and where the heavier ground is,it does really well. Big N user though, really gotta pump it on.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Seam some wheat between Portland and coast last week, combines going hard and real nice looking crops, jumped in and made a pass but farm hand was not sure what variety it was, it looked white compared to our hrsw, but was in the 60bu range, stood well

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah don ,you do have to sign some garbage. I dint think much of it either but played along for the year. Had to do the same for some corn i was growin for a local dairy . Dont quite understand that one but whatever.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Cool, be nice to have live feed cameras plying in the monitor of the cab, might help in adjusting performance
Been there tried that. Lighting is a big issue, then you have the dust issue on the lens, and the lens or camera class gets cloudy almost like sand blasted. So you need to wipe the glass and protect it from being scratched. Also everything is moving so fast its is difficult to actually see what is happening.

High quality image played back in slow mo would be awsome. strap an iphone 5 in there.

Have fun trying though and by all means post it on here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.