The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a checklist of things to look at on a used S77? Kinda interested in one and would like to thoroughly check it over. Email would be fine if that is preferred. My username at hotmail.com. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I would check oil level in rotor gearbox. This would be my only concern, look at the conveyer chains to look at even tensions and no broken links. Anything else would be normal points of wear. The clean grain paddles should be inspected. There was an updated chain on them.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you want to check feed chains for wear you would measure from slat to slat skipping one. You should be between 19.5" and 20.5". If not you have half link or removed link in spot you measured so check another spot. 20.5" would be shot in my opinion. If you find any great amount of repaired areas you would know machine has had an improper set up header or ingested a lot of foreign objects. We can often wear out two sets of sprockets to one chain. Otherwise have a good look all around cage to get an idea if it has been harvesting rocks and iron.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.