The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 760 this fall. Wanted to install segments, but bolt heads were very worn so a wrench wouldn't work. Any idea how to hold them, not very accessable either. Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
First of all Concave wide open than try channel lock pillers. You can 2 of them from the inspection cover on the left side

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
It is a good idea to replace the bolts every so many years to prevent this. I leave mine in all the time and replace the bolts every 3-4 years. I would try a six point socket with a bar pressing down on the rachet or strong arm.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Vise grips?
They shouldn’t b that tight
And yes, be sure to open the concave all the way.
On the other hand, maybe it is an omen on installing them!!

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Isn't it better to just set a really good pinch point on the concave, like less than the specified 4MM at the rear?

I've never installed those ITS before and have less than zero plans to do so, seems to me that unless you have a super hard to thresh wheat or flax or something similar, they would cause more problems than solve?

How long would it take to install them and has anyone done that mid-day and noticed a real difference?

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
Everytime we have installed them we have gotten better threshing performance and that is why we always just leave them in. It also blocks of the grates in the transition area between the APS and concave to hold material in there longer. When we took them out for canola the capacity was no greater. Our pinch point to is 3-4 mm at the back. It helps thresh better as the concave starts to wear a hollow spot in the middle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Everytime we have installed them we have gotten better threshing performance and that is why we always just leave them in. It also blocks of the grates in the transition area between the APS and concave to hold material in there longer. When we took them out for canola the capacity was no greater. Our pinch point to is 3-4 mm at the back. It helps thresh better as the concave starts to wear a hollow spot in the middle.
it does not take long to install them, i recommend only putting them in if you need to, they work well but they can take some power, we also use to leave them in thinking the same thing, we have used 2 filler plates in concave to hold grain in the concave longer and only put them in if we can't control white caps, there can be a cycle of over thrashing, rotor losses or under thrashing and then closing the bottom sieve to control white caps and then your returns go way up, thats why we like the claas its all the flexibility

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Isn't it better to just set a really good pinch point on the concave, like less than the specified 4MM at the rear?

I've never installed those ITS before and have less than zero plans to do so, seems to me that unless you have a super hard to thresh wheat or flax or something similar, they would cause more problems than solve?

How long would it take to install them and has anyone done that mid-day and noticed a real difference?
Yes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts