The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Pretty bad, Bryan.

This pic was also posted over on the hillside combines thread. I know the full story of this particular incident, too. It's really too bad this had to happen. The operator did everything he could to save the combine and prevent his own injury. He lived through it, but not without a broken leg or hip among other things. He was thrown clear of the machine before it tumbled down the ravine as you can see in the second picture.

The only other time I've seen any combine as badly demolished as this, was one hit by an F-5 tornado. It was thrown at over 225 MPH into a tree and ripped to shreds.
Oddly, while the shed itself was obliterated by the nader, the combine's header was still in place, on the slab--unscratched and not budged. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
See, proof that Case beat Deere to the concept of the unloading auger wrapping around the back of the machine.

I don't think there is a single part you could salvage off that machine. There is just nothing remotely close to square anymore on that machine.

-Lance

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think there is a single part you could salvage off that machine. There is just nothing remotely close to square anymore on that machine.

-Lance

No salvage. Not even the vultures visited this mess.

Not so fast Boys & Girls!!!.......actually, the platform from this machine lives on. Notice in Bryan's first pic that the platform is
up near the fields edge....it unlatched & came off just before the
combine went over the edge back wards. A little TLC and it lived
to cut another day, as you can see here on a shot I took just
this past August ....the salvaged platform at work on their replacement 2388. They also were able to salvage a few spares
off of the separator.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Quote:just one more reason I'll never leave flat land to drive a combine that drives tilted to one side or the other all the time

Aw, Alex, it's not that bad. Besides, at least with the hills you can
see what is coming up. Not like this poor guy, running along, minding
his own business when WHAMM-O, falls into one of those dad-gummed
sink holes. Nope, gimme a hilldide deal any time.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Quote:just one more reason I'll never leave flat land to drive a combine that drives tilted to one side or the other all the time

Besides, Alex, just think of all the great scenery that you are missing.
As you can see here, my dog Kirby can handle it.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I'm sure it'd be an interesting time doing it, I'd love to be able to do it even if it's just for a short while, maybe a round or two.

The flat ground has it's problems as well, but I just don't like the thought of rolling over

1 - 15 of 15 Posts