The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, unfortunately it is confirmed. I suppose it was only a matter of time but Clubroot:( is spreading into our area. I have grown H29 in the past, and for 2015 plan to seed 9562GC on the majority of our acres with 4 or 5 hundred going into 45H33. This leaves me with a nice 240 acre field to try some L135C. I really don't care much for any of the LL varieties now that most RR varieties are competitive yield wise. However, I know chemical rotation is important and we all need to keep that in mind too. Has anyone grown L135C in the past? Did it stand well? How was the yield compared to some of the other varieties you grew. And, most importantly, would you grow it again? Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
9562 and 45h33 are same variety from what I've heard different bag, buy the cheaper one. 135 is shorter stands a bit better not a lot, is definately earlier, around here most neighbors and ours a couple bushels lower than RR.

·
Registered
572 Posts
We grew L135c, dekalb 7454c rr and brent young 6056c rr all club root variety this year. I like the 7454 the best, it was the easiest to swath, and combine. 7454 ran about 53 bpa 6056 around 51 and the L135 ran about 52 so all very close yields. The L 135c was the hardest to combine, much taller and bulkier and somewhat bunchier then the rr variety.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. Interesting to find out that 9562 and 45H33 are the same. 9562 was out last year and 45H33 is new this year though. Not sure why the release dates are a year apart if it is in fact the same variety. And I guess L135C is the only Liberty option out so basically zero choice there. Are you guys going to plant some L135C again this year?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.