The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which do you prefer? gotta get another one after an incident with a cow and im ready to join the smart phone world (i hope). Personally im leaning towards the windows phone but i want to hear what some other people have to say.
matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
I Like my Android. I went with a Note because of the capability to create and edit excel spreadsheets. Easy to share information.

I do not know much about the Windows phones but would not be scared to give one a try. They are getting better as they get more popular.

I switched from Apple a few years ago and have grown to dislike their OS more and more. They want you to do things their way and that is it. I like the versatility of the Android OS much more.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
They are pretty much like picking chev or gmc. I have android. But I think apple is slightly easier to get around in. Considering that you are not the kind of guy to demand cutting edge, I would start with apple.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
I like windows and Android I dislike apple (maybe they have done something about it recently) because it will not display the pics in the Deere and Case parts book. When I call I want to have a part # before I send someone 50 miles for the wrong part

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like my Android. It is an open market for apps and such. Apple is probably okay too, you just have to pick one and go with it. We got new phones here at the farm a year ago. Everyone got a smart phone. 4 of us already had androids, the other 2 had dumb phones. 2 that already had androids switched to iphones. They had some learning to do to get used to them, but now they are fine with them. There are far many choices of phones in the android market to choose from than apple or windows also. With apple you are basically stuck with an iphone, which they have a few different ones you can get. No one around here has a windows phone, they just don't seem as popular. We have the windows 8 on the computer at the farm, and it's terrible. It would probably work better on a phone than our computer though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had an Android phone for about 4 years now, and also an Apple Ipad that I got with my Precision Planting monitor. Don't get a Windows phone, nothing really wrong with them, but all of the apps for phones are either Android or Apple IOS. Most places that write apps will provide in both platforms. Although there are some things that they only write for Apple IOS, and some they write only for Android.

There are good and bad things about each operating system, but can't really say one is better than the other or not.

I needed a new phone back in October, and looked at Iphone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S5. I ended up with the Galaxy because I wanted to stay with and Android phone, and they had the Otterbox case available for it at that time. Be sure and get the heave duty Otterbox case, I think they call it the defender series, no matter which smart phone you get.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I switched from Apple to Android just over a month ago, here's my take on it.
Apple is a little smoother then Android and quite a bit easier to operate out of the box. I like all the stuff you can do with Android but it is clunkier and has it's little idiocracies, not that IOS is without it's bugs.

I chose a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, never again, Mil spec isn't worth the effort it took to type this sentence. The store, Telus and Samsung all told me there are no cases available for this phone and I didn't want one because of how tough it is. As it turned out that is total BS and Samsung does not stand behind their product, I'll never buy anything with Samsung written on it again. Apple is bad, Samsung is way worse plus they only have two service centers in Canada, Toronto and Vancouver.

Only buy a phone you like and can get a good case for, they are all the same for durability, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

When I renew I'll still consider Apple for sure, I also just learned Blackberry phones run Android apps now, I would have considered Blackberry more if I'd known that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I really like my windows phone. I looked at an android but decided against it when I was told that there were classes to learn how to use it. I wanted something simple. I have a HTC one and it makes great phone calls which I figure is the point of the phone. I have talked to people who have iPhone and android and some say they are great phones except for the call quality. If you want a bunch of apps though then go with iPhone or Android. Windows will catch up with apps but they aren't there yet.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Offroadnt makes sense. Most apps are stupid anyway. There are about 500 apps for flash light that each claim they are the brightest. No they are all eqaul cause they just turn on the camera flash!

Ag is a little more rugged than all smart phones were designed for. I would look for one that can take a little dust in the connections. I detest the charging connections that take like 20 pins(duh) Vast majority of users are school girls in california.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Android, hands down.

Iphone if you run a Mac computer or have an Ipod. Seems like those with Iphones end up having all Mac stuff.

Get used to using an Android and you'll love it. I run a Samsung Galaxy S3 in a Ballistic case. Had it for 2 years now.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
IPhone hands down. I had iPhone for 3 years and loved it. A couple months ago I switched to a galaxy s5. I miss the iPhone. It was a lot more user friendly and finished off. Just slicker to use. I am Very tech savvy and have no problem using the Android phone but it is just not as nice. Out of the box the iPhone would do everything the average user wants and almost everything the the Android phone would. People talk about rooting android. You "jailbreak" the iPhone and I could do everything or more than I can do on my s5. And with my s5 somehow I constantly pocket dial people, move and delete apps unknowingly and have other weird glitches that I never had with 2 iPhone (and 4other iPhone in my house) . My wife switched as well and she regrets it too. Functionality wise I would say they are equal but ease of use goes to the iPhone. Oh and the lightning power connector is way easier to plug into the iPhone than the micro USB into the s5. The dust and water resistance of the s5 is nice but no good if the little flappy cover is open or broken off (which happened 2 times to my wife in the 6 months she has had it). It is easier to add memory to the s5 with micro SD cards but then you are pissing around moving apps onto the card and having said apps not work if you change or remove the card. IPhone costs more for the large memory phone but no pissing around after and there are devices to add extra if you need.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Android. I got an Iphone after my last Samsung. My Iphone I seem to do more stuff with it then my samsung, my iphone drops more calls but can send a text from the moon. And if you have your Iphone out in the cold it will freeze and shut itself off. That alone is a big reason I will never have another iphone

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Wife has an IPhone, I have windows phone, HTC. I stongly prefer my windows phone. I have ran android for years. Then I started using onedrive and office products much more on my phone. Now they all do that. The thing I have noticed is my androids all has software issues after a while. I went through 3 of those casio tough phones. They all had software or speaker issues. I could drop it from the top a bin and not break, but they didn't last. Went to windows phone and on e my second one. Both still working great. Only reason I upgreaded is the new one has excellent battery life. I can go 2 days between charges now. iPhone, um ya. Not sure why, they just annoy me. Never have been a mac fan. Feel to much like they are special in a special way and built for special people. I am not special. My wife is not techy at all. I figured the iPhone would work good for her. I still have to set things for her at times. She likes it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.