The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it’s been rumored for a long time.. but I’m starting to wonder if it is really going away. The road show episodes that gave me hope and showed there was still some cooperate support have gone away. There is no New literature, gleaner has done no new campaigns. Pretty sure the website has not updated.
seems like even on the AGCO homepage gleaner is not prevalent.
it seems weird that they even canceled their YouTube account. Anybody know anything? If we have to change colors… which direction is everyone leaning?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know it’s been rumored for a long time.. but I’m starting to wonder if it is really going away. The road show episodes that gave me hope and showed there was still some cooperate support have gone away. There is no New literature, gleaner has done no new campaigns. Pretty sure the website has not updated.
it seems weird that they even canceled their YouTube account. Anybody know anything? If we have to change colors… which direction is everyone leaning?
This is MY take, I think AGCO is stealing Gleaner's ideas and put them in their MF/Fendt combines, don't know how much of it and if they even tweak them a bit, but as soon as they've worked the problems out Gleaner will be history 😢
The reason, I think, is that those 2 names have a lot more market recognition than Gleaner and to AGCO this route is cheaper than to establish a market for a new name worldwide. It'll be a sad day when/if the name Gleaner is no more. As far as colours my choice would be Green & White with a touch of Red :eek::cool:😁

·
Registered
1 Posts
They seem to keep their Twitter up fwiw

·
Registered
614 Posts
You guys! The Roadshow went with the guy that made it! Relax and just wait!
Agree! They changed marketing firms so it is different. Now sure why they had to erase the YouTube videos as well as the Challenger Edge of Farming. Probability intellectual material from the marketing firms at the time.

No way anything but Gleaner from Agco for us as the Fendt won't do what we want it to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I work at an AGCO dealership in Australia. We recently sold a new S97 combine and I have not heard anything about the Gleaner brand being dropped. However at a recent ag field day they did show a Class 9 Fendt rather than a Gleaner and I am not sure why as I don't know of any Fendt combines actually being owned by anyone out here. I agree with Trillium Farm about AGCO sharing design ideas across the 3 brands to the extent that I think ultimately there will just be one AGCO combine design with 3 different badges on it depending which sales territory its headed to. For example we don't sell MF combines out here anymore. If the Gleaner brand was dropped I think the local guys here would be more likely to switch to Green based on the strength of the Green dealer network in East Coast Australia. But as the owner of an older Gleaner I hope the brand is going to stick around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts