The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Is it the site or my computer?:confused: For the past few days the site has gone haywire!:mad: I can't scroll through the pics in the ads & when I try to view them in a larger form I can't see any of them at all!!!:mad::mad::mad:

This is what I get.

It also won't let me repost 1 of my ads that is about to expire. I tried their live chat help line today & she said that they did make some recent upgrades to the site & said that I was using Internet Explorer 9 (don't ask me how she could tell???:confused::confused::confused:) & I should use 12. I checked & 9 is the latest for Windows Vista, which I have. All other sites are working fine. WTF, do I have to buy a new computer just to use their site???:confused::mad::confused::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Well the site and pictures work for me but I haven't had any luck selling stuff on there since they allowed dealers to blitz the site with constant repetitive ads. I can almost guarantee to get a scammer call on any expensive item for sale though.:mad:

Used to be a great site....

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Mine works fine but can be a pain when editing an add, sometimes it doesn't change and it has to be redone a couple of times. "Jeremy" from some selling company seems to call on all the adds to offer his services, I even recognize his voice now. He gets really pissed when you tell him where to go. Have sold a couple of things lately so still does a very good job for the money invested!

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Works for me. I have also been using it less now since the dealers are putting everything on there. Doesn't even take a day and your stuff is buried a few pages down.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
I see from your picture you have Norton Internet security software installed. I have a hunch Norton is messing things up in the browser for you. Personally I've always found Symantec's antivirus and security software caused as many problems as it solved.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had a friend try to sell a tractor on Kijiji and someone responded right away and asked for his best price, so he did ,and then right away they would buy it. Problem was the tractor is in Alberta and the buyer was in the Yukon. So shortly after the "deal" he received another e-mail from the Yukon that they would pay him through Paypal , but they needed him to send them $3500 through Paypal for the freight first ! He got another e-mail showing that the money was " on hold " through Pay pal and would be released as soon as the $3500 was sent first. On closer inspection the email was from another scammer that made it look real. Its unbelievable what scammers will come up with. Be careful everyone !! And, yes the Yukon scammer is still waiting for that $$ !

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see from your picture you have Norton Internet security software installed. I have a hunch Norton is messing things up in the browser for you. Personally I've always found Symantec's antivirus and security software caused as many problems as it solved.
Hello Torriem
I turned it off & tried the site again, no difference.:confused:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Neighbors kijiji did this about a month ago, just go into your "tools" and delete your browsing history. Your computer gets clogged up when you spend time looking at kijiji. Do that once in a while and itll work great. or wife figured out how to get you to spend less. lol

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your version of Internet explorer needs to be updated. Mine was the exact same way until i upgraded it.

Or better yet just down load Google Chrome
Hello Maxquipguy
I thought that IE 9 was the latest version for Vista???:confused:
Installed Chrome on your advise & Kijiji is working again. Going to take a bit of getting used to Chrome after using IE for all these years though (I don't like change, I'm too old & set in my ways:);)).
Remind me the next time I see you to buy you a coffee.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.