The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our family farm is looking at buying a 2nd combine (have a 9600 for 4500acres) and we have come across a late model 9600 with a full Sunnybrook kit. can anyone tell me if it is worth the additional price and how it handles in wet harvest conditions. also how well does it thrash pulse crops and finally do you need special equipment to unplug it should the worst happen?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cant say anything about a John Deere but, We had them in our 2 R6 Gleaners. A lot less vibration and smoother thruput are the benifits we noticed. cant see why you would need special equipment to unplug it cause we didnt need it, but like i said. dont know about John Deere

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've installed several Sunnybrooks and know many farmers running them. Very smooth, no dust/debris vibration, easier on drive belts, more capacity. If you take in a rock all you replace is a 12 inch rasp bar instead of a full width one. No more cracked spiders. Only downsides are cost and you can't look through the cylinder anymore to inspect other components.

I've never heard of a Sunnybrook plugging. The hi-inertia pulls slugs right through.

As far as wet conditions, the more aggressive rasp design tends to work well in high moisture.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Quote:I've installed several Sunnybrooks and know many farmers running them. Very smooth, no dust/debris vibration, easier on drive belts, more capacity. If you take in a rock all you replace is a 12 inch rasp bar instead of a full width one. No more cracked spiders. Only downsides are cost and you can't look through the cylinder anymore to inspect other components.

I've never heard of a Sunnybrook plugging. The hi-inertia pulls slugs right through.

As far as wet conditions, the more aggressive rasp design tends to work well in high moisture.

One of my friends is a charter member of the Lexion NA crowd (circa 1999) He told me to put in a Sunnybrook cylinder right at the start.
Any comments?

Don

·
Registered
530 Posts
Eastcentral how much more are they asking for this machine with the sunny parts to make you feel like its a larger investment? I have a pretty good idea of what these machines are worth in any stage of their life but just trying to get details on what your looking at. A sunny cylinder I think now days is around 5 grand and the hi inertia beater is close to 2 grand. I may not be accurate on pricing but,,,,, I would say that a 9600 with these mods, if the rasp bars are still good and the cylinder is fitted with boronized bars, concave is good and the beater blades arenet wore beyond 25% It would be worth another 3-4000 more dollarsthan the average machine on the market. If the guy gets half the price of new for his sunny parts, it wont add much to the value. Thats my opinion on what theparts are worth used. Good luck

·
Registered
530 Posts
Forgot to mention in my 50 walker I used right at a quarter of a tank less fuel a day with the sunny cylinder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts