The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFX became standard in 2003 i believe. The optional rotor in your 2008 is a ST (small tube) rotor. On the 21 and 23 the AFX were retro fits, until 2003.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Is the AFX Rotor standard in 2008.
Or is the standard rotor not AFX.
I know on the 2188 and 2388 it was another rotor but I don't
see 2008 8010's with AFX on the side.
I feel bad for not knowing the answer but my 2004 said AFX on it.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
For some reason, that someone else probably knows, they don't call them AFX 8010, just 8010 now. They quit sometime in 2006. I learned this at the parts counter and if you go to case online parts catalog, there are two choices, AFX 8010 and 8010 with a serial number break.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The AFX meant Axial Flow X Series just like MX stood for Magnum X series and STX stood for Stieger X series. Case IH removed the prefixes and now the combines are just called an Axial Flow 8120 and so on. With the 10 and 20 series you have a couple options for rotors
- a small grain rotor which is much like the 88 series AFX rotor
- a small tube rotor
- and i believe there is a rice rotor as well. (I could be mistaken on this one)

·
Registered
18 Posts
The AFX is standard equip in 2008. I think mrredtech is correct. I think you can get a separate rice rotor but it is advised if you have tough straw to go to the small tube rotor. On the factory tour this winter they said they expect it to become more popular every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts